Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Senior Specialist, Technology Third Party Governance
to join our Technology and Operations Third Party Governance team. This role is located in New York, NY. - Hybrid In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Drive business adherence to the BNY Mellon Third-Party Governance (TPG) Framework, meeting all regulatory requirements based on BNYM TPG Policies for both external vendor engagements as well as inter-affiliate engagements which provide a multitude of business services.
- Support lines of businesses and their processes and controls for identifying and managing technology and information risk associated with services provided by external vendors and provide ongoing oversight and challenge of technology.
- Proactively guide and support all stakeholders (internal and external to BNYM) who are involved directly and indirectly with TPG deliverables to successfully execute both project based initiatives and strategic management of third party providers.
- Analyze necessary data and execute tactical and strategic deliverables as required, qualitatively, quantitatively, and within given timeframes.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across lines of business to identify, escalate, and remediate third party risks, holding all parties accountable to execute remediation plans
- Enhance the third party resiliency program to ensure that critical operations can continue in the event of a disruption in third party provider services; directly support the alignment of applications supported by a third party for service function and resiliency planning
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- At least 7-10 years of total work experience preferred with solid background in Third Party Governance (internal and external parties) along with business continuity experience.
- Problem solving capabilities and strong communication skills both verbal and non-verbal
- Project management and can oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to self-manage workload and goals independently in a fast-paced and deadline-driven organization
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $79,000 and per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.