Institutional Business Development - Investor Relations
Cape Ann is an employee-owned emerging markets equity boutique based in London. We manage a single investment strategy for an institutional client base with $2 billion under management presently. With $4 billion in capacity remaining we are actively seeking to add a key member to our Marketing & Client Service (“M&CS”) team. The primary focus for the new hire will be to target, nurture, and convert prospects to clients with a mission to help grow Cape Ann’s client base to a prudent capacity level. The successful candidate will work closely with Cape Ann’s Head of Marketing & Client Service based in Massachusetts. Responsibilities will include:
- Directly target and engage asset owner prospects to bring them through the prospecting cycle to conversion as a client.
- Build and nurture relationships with field consultants to help drive new business.
- Organise, lead and participate in calls, meetings, videoconferences with prospects and consultants.
- Brief and prep investment team colleagues in advance of prospect and consultant engagements.
- Liaise with M&CS colleagues and members of operations and compliance teams on RFP’s, client onboarding, etc.
- Travel is required with periodic visits to the home office in London.
We are seeking an individual with the following qualifications and traits:
- Perpetual collaborator and relationship builder with an ability work extremely well within a close and driven team environment.
- Strong presenter and communicator in both formal and informal settings.
- Strong capital markets product knowledge with a focus on equities, ideally emerging markets.
- Solid understanding of institutional asset owner value chain (E&F’s, pensions, FO’s, OCIO’s, etc.) including investment consultants.
- Comfortable with imperfect information and ambiguity while working to achieve a better understanding and drive results.
- High emotional intelligence with an ability to balance key priorities and operate with purpose and enthusiasm.
- Sound business judgement with unwavering integrity.
- Strong problem solver with effective organisation skills.
- Intellectually curious, self-aware with a growth mindset.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience with an asset manager or investment consultant.
- MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, CRM systems (Backstop), asset manager databases and analytical tools (eVestment, FactSet, Bloomberg, etc.).