CIRA is a member-based, not-for-profit corporation, best known for managing the .CA domain on behalf of all Canadians. We are building programs, products and services that leverage all the internet has to offer to help build a trusted internet for Canadians. CIRA also develops and implements policies that support Canada’s internet community and represents the .CA registry internationally.
CIRA’s nomination committee is now accepting applications from professionals who are interested in joining a high-performing board and have the following skills and experience:
- The domain name industry in which CIRA operates, including an understanding of the DNS, registry systems, and related internet governance or IP addressing.
- Deep financial acumen as a certified practitioner with advanced literacy in finance, audit, investment, and risk oversight.
- Knowledge of key components of cybersecurity related to risk and threat management.
- Leadership skills with the ability to be open to others’ perspectives and build consensus.
- Ability to articulate views with evidence-based reasoning and bring a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Understand strategic risks and opportunities that may impact CIRA and propose sustainable solutions.
If you have the skills and experience we’re seeking—apply for this opportunity at https://apply-nominations.smapply.ca. Applications must be submitted by 2 p.m. ET on Tuesday, June 20, 2023.
The role of the Board
The role of CIRA’s Board is to guide our organization. They provide strategic direction and oversight for CIRA as it fulfills its mandate to manage the .CA domain as a key public resource for the benefit of all Canadians. The board helps CIRA build a trusted internet through initiatives like the CIRA’s Net Good program, cybersecurity products, the development of internet policy and so much more.
The role of the nomination committee
The committee has the important role of ensuring balanced representation on the election ballot so that it aligns with the background, skills and attributes needed for an effective, functioning board. Their mandate is to seek interested and qualified individuals to apply to join the board and to select up to nine professional candidates to appear on the nomination committee slate of the final election ballot. These candidates are then voted on by CIRA members.
Learn more about the process and key dates for joining CIRA’s board at cira.ca/election