Description About this role Job Description
Reporting to the India Corporate Tax VP, the individual will be responsible for tax compliance, disputes, litigations and policy matters for BlackRock corporate entity(s) in India. The individual will also be responsible for handling SEZ / STPI related matters, including periodic compliances. The role requires partnership with regional and global stakeholders to address tax regulation changes as well as to align with BlackRock's global tax operation model.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Support on corporate income tax, TP, SEZ and STPI related compliances, including but not limited to corporate tax returns, withholding tax returns, advance tax computation, tax audit, TP study, SEZ/STPI progress reports etc.
- Assist Global Indirect Tax team in managing GST compliances, including but not limited to returns and annual audit for corporate entity(s) in India.
- Support in statutory audit for tax related requirements / queries by providing supporting / clarifications in a timely manner.
- Assist on local tax disputes and litigation matters, including but not limited to tax assessments, refunds, appeals and ad-hoc queries from tax authorities.
- Assist stakeholders in obtaining SEZ / STPI approvals for contemplated transactions.
- Support on analysis from India tax perspective on ad-hoc questions / projects, corporate development exercises involving India, etc.
- Support on tax accounting activities, including but not limited to preparation of monthly/year-end provisions under US and India GAAPs, undertaking ICDS assessment, assisting global tax on quarterly ETR forecasts, as well as analyzing and explaining to stakeholders on any fluctuation in ETR.
- Update stakeholders on tax related developments that may impact BlackRock.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders from time to time to facilitate carrying out of daily responsibilities.
- Perform any other duties as per evolving requirements of the business and/or tax authorities.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, analytical, and proactive in identifying and implementing process change which helps in driving increased accuracy, improved internal controls and greater efficiencies. Additionally, the candidate should be able to flourish in a fast pace and growing environment. Experience and Skills
- Chartered Accountant.
- Over 6 years of experience in handling corporate tax compliance, litigation and advisory matters for India. Experience/ knowledge in India GST is an advantage.
- Preferable to have Big 4 experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-pace environment with minimal supervision.
- Consistently attentive to detail while meeting critical deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with sound judgement.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.