Overview Team Description; Role function on team:
This Principal-level role within Compliance Data Governance function for Financial Crimes is a leadership role that will be responsible for the relationship with and between Compliance leadership, Data Officers for LOBs producing data in-scope of Compliance functions, Global Operations and Technology functions who support Compliance and the Enterprise Data Management organization. This leader will ensure that Compliance data meets or exceeds standards set by bank policy within the scope as defined by the Enterprise Data Management Policy. Represents Compliance on enterprise data forums and connects data back to the Compliance Leadership, advising and planning for actions to ensure Compliance maintains sustained data capabilities and is prepared for managing change that impacts Compliance data requirements.
Responsible for FCC (BSA/AML) program effort across 15 LOB Data Producers, engaging with LOB executives and leadership in the creation and management of data contracts, maintain a close partnership with the EDM Divisional CDO and EDM resources, ensuring data lineage is accurately depicted in authoritative datasets (ADS), manage data issue management process, and manage data quality requirements for FCC (Compliance). Ensures milestones and deliverables are met, including completed and high quality content with written and formal business agreement. Responsibilities - External
- Oversees the development of statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analyzing asset performance, client reference data, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts. Provides analytical and project leadership for assigned area. Performs advanced, complex statistical and quantitative analyses for assigned area.
- Collaborates and recommends to management techniques and methodologies to be used for each type of activity/analysis.
- Leads data modeling and quantitative analysis projects and serves as resource to less experienced colleagues. Uses technology applications to conduct complex analyses; applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models and presents to management.
- Programs system configuration in order set up sophisticated models or algorithms. Partners with management to evaluate and select the most appropriate technologies. Has a deep understanding of the relevant products in assigned area and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation.
- Leads complex advanced projects in support of new or evolving processes/products or for initiatives with cross-functional or enterprise-wide impact. Formulates findings and prepares ad-hoc reports and delivers results to management and/or other leaders. Provides recommendations for addressing observed outcomes.
- Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences. Ensures accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues and gives guidance when appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Master's degree or PhD preferred.
- 10+ years total work experience required with 10-12 years of experience in market or liquidity risk preferred.
- 5-8 years direct experience in managing, creating & performing within a data governance function within a financial institution is preferred.
- 3 years in Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit or related compliance function domain knowledge in a financial institution is preferred.
- Knowledge of data profiling tools, inclided but not limited to: Collibra, Alteryx, Pentaho, Solidatus, or DCAM, is necessary
- Communication in the role requires the ability to partner across multiple levels and functions of the organization, enabling and driving results
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $96,000 and $163,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.