In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
The primary purpose of the role is to manage or supervise a portion of the portfolio of syndicated loans where BNPP is acting as Agent, in accordance with established regional or local processes and controls and include coaching or supervision of local or regional staff.
The Senior Agency Professional is also instrumental in ensuring alignment of processes and approaches vis-a-vis external and internal stakeholders, including business partners and Agency management, eg through reporting. The incumbent drives or contributes to continuous process improvements or other projects and pays a particular attention to operational risks on an ongoing basis.
The role requires direct connections with external (Borrower, Lenders, Legal counsel...) and internal stakeholders (eg operations) ; it reports, directly or functionally, to the APAC Head of Regional Agency Key Responsibilities
Perform the following key agency missions, directly or as supervisor to another team member, according to the regional procedure in place :
- Review and comment on finance documents especially about loan operation and agency provisions
- Ensure satisfaction of condition precedents prior to loan drawdown or conditions subsequent
- Liaise with legal counsels or other external parties in issues relating to the loan agreements and related documents, and safekeep them
- Facilitate waiver / amendment requests or enquiries from either clients or lenders
- Follow through submission of covenants or other reports
- loan administration : i) liaise with clients and lenders for all loan drawdown, roll-overs, loan transfers, etc; & (ii) perform calculation, maintain all internal loan records and prepare instructions to Operations
- Ensure all processes are executed in strict accordance to the relevant operating procedures and controls, without exception.
The senior team member shall also
Permanent Control Aspects
- Actively contribute to or lead management reporting or specific projects
- Actively coach, advise or supervise other team members -locally or in other sites
- Be a source of proposal in optimising internal processes or organisation, notably to monitor and reduce operational risks on an ongoing basis, and provide/coordinate regular management reports
- Review and scrutinize existing processes and controls to ensure that they are efficient, adequate and conform to the internal control charter of the bank
- Assist to interact and represent Agency with other internal stakeholders such as periodic or permanent controls teams (IG, OPC), Compliance, Operations etc
- Contribute to the homogeneity of the regional setup by assisting and monitoring local agency APAC desks / team members in areas such as procedures, KPIs, documentation issues, best market practices...
- Direct and active contribution to the operational risk control framework, including highlighting potential risk areas and reporting incidents in a timeline manner
- Direct and active contribution to the periodic control framework, eg discussions with auditors and follow-up on recommendations
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines