Who we are looking for
The principal function of the Interest Claims Specialist, Officer is to complete the necessary tasks, ensuring initial overdraft review and subsequent related processes through to settlement are managed effectively on a daily basis.
To complete all Interest Claim and Overdraft duties, delivering work of high quality and accuracy on a daily basis. To provide support to the wider team by adhering to procedures and ensuring queries are dealt with in a timely manner. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Interest Claims Specialist, Officer you will
What we value
- Complete Overdraft and Interest Claim tasks on a daily basis.
- Monitoring of overdrafts, related charges and interest claims issued by custodians and brokers; investigation of root cause; proactive management to ensure timely resolution.
- Daily liaison with internal teams & external counterparties.
- Maintenance of an interest claims database, ensuring accurate records are kept and commentary is updated at all times.
- Arranging inward settlement and outward payments related to claims.
- Ensuring adherence to relevant guidelines and regulations, e,g. ISITC, CSDR.
- Production of MI and other relevant reporting.
- Team orientated - ensure the team's goals are achieved on a daily basis, adhering to strict deadlines and delivering work to the highest standard.
- Manage tasks from beginning to end, investigating and resolving any problems and reporting any inconsistencies as appropriate.
- Review processes to identify potential improvements ensuring a controlled environment and reduction of errors.
- Support the team with the resolution of day to day operational issues and resolve anomalies to ensure high level of customer service and accurate transactions.
- End to end understanding of team's tasks and how they relate to and impact all processes, ensuring standard ways of working are applied consistently.
- Work collaboratively with Supervisor/team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability, delivering excellent client service and assisting in developing a reputation of operational excellence across the firm.
- Work collaboratively with peers to share best practice, creating an awareness of issues throughout the team/department.
- Maintain robust service levels to key stakeholders.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
About State Street What we do.
- Technical investment knowledge/experience relevant to role.
- Experience of challenging working practices and adaptability to change.
- Collaborative and personalised approach to service commitment, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Evidence of effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- A proven track record of being flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- Ability to understand issues and assist with finding innovative solutions to problems.
- Robust communication skills both verbally and written, with an ability to successfully articulate issues clearly and logically.
- Strong analytical and written skills.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers