Overview What we do:
Middle Office Trade Support actively support 15+ top tier International Fund Managers and Asset Owners providing post execution services from Trade Confirmation through to Settlement Oversight. We support our clients trading in global equity, fixed income, money market and FX markets and ensure their transactions are processed and confirmed with counterparties and settlement occurs on time and accounting records are accurate.
This role allows for a unique opportunity to interact with most areas of the investment lifecycle from clients, traders, brokers, custodians and accounting agents. As part of a global team, you will work with your colleagues to address booking, matching and settlement discrepancies to ensure the trades are settled on time.
The role is part of a busy, deadline driven, expanding department that uses industry standard (DTCC CTM, ALERT, Bloomberg Failstation, Tradeflow) along with cutting edge internally developed technology.
The Team Lead will be responsible for supporting the Lead Manager with all day to day operations and quality control for some or all of the following functions: Securities and cash transaction capture and enrichment, trade support, securities settlement, client and third-party query management, securities and/or account reconciliations, portfolio valuations, financial statement production, reporting (client, regulatory, management and /or partnership accounting), new account set-up, asset transfer support, cash management support and fee billing.
They will also be required to effectively work with peers across various internal departments and locations. What Excites You
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to help identify and nurture talent within a team.
- A desire to improves processes.
- Enjoy building relationships and working closely with clients and brokers.
- Thrive taking on new challenges that require cross-functional stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent organisation skills and multi-tasking.
- You're energized by BNY Mellon's vision to be the trusted financial institution for the next generation of clients and employees.
- Supporting the achievement of team objectives.
- Working on ad-hoc projects and testing outside of BAU.
- You want to expand on your market knowledge and gain exposure to many different aspects of it.
- Industry, Work & Educational Experience:
- Experience in Middle Office preferred
- Familiarity with points of integration between Middle Office, Custody, Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting, and Data & Analytics.
- The ideal candidate is likely to bring 5-7 years of total work experience and previous experience of managing a team.
What we can offer you:
- Building Relationships -
- Create a positive and collaborative work environment for your peers to strive and challenge themselves.
- Creating a balanced workload within the team structure, anticipate and plan ahead to adhere to deadlines, check work completion and quality.
- Assist with the develop and coaching of staff for excellent performance.
- Control Environment
- Complete all work within established risk and control framework and have awareness of our RSCA, KPI's and KRI's.
- Help enforce a high level of process control discipline within the team (i.e. following stated procedures, controls, etc.)
- Reviews and approves work conducted by more junior levels in accordance with function policies and procedures.
- Process Improvement.
- Performs analysis and research on the most complex transactions and identifies solutions
- Analytical skills - present data in a logical manner to stakeholders and ultimately contribute to future product delivery.
- Lead process improvement opportunities - Identify, design, solution and implement.
- Decision making
- Exercise own judgement and effectively make day to day decisions independently, demonstrating the ability to know when escalation is appropriate.
- Demonstrate a high level of strategic thinking - Focus on superior strategic/break-through thinking and problem-solving abilities as it relates to the business and the delivery of the strategy.
- Serve as subject matter expert and conducts research to gather information on the most complex, multi-faceted transactions and provides answers to complex inquiries that have been escalated by lower levels.
- Support your manager in deputising and leading effective meetings with appropriate documentation (agendas and minutes), both internally and with clients/external parties.
- Become an SME within incident management framework.
- No direct reports.
- This role is a client facing role, which is a great opportunity to build relationships with both clients and brokers.
- Working closely with other team members to ensure day-to-day tasks associated with customer deliverables are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
• City centre location
• Competitive discounts on travel and parking
• Discounts on a range of local retailers
• Opportunity for further academic training - including NVQ, IOC, Degree, OneCo and soft skills
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.