CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace across seven major asset classes, of which Equity Indices and Crypto Products are among the largest and fastest growing.
The Financial Research and New Product Development (Financial RPD) team develops and builds a broad array of products and services including Equity Index futures and options; Crypto Index futures and options on Bitcoin and Ether; interest rates products; as well as advanced data and analytics. In addition, Financial RPD produces a significant amount of important and insightful product content for our global client base, as well as developing and leading research into strategic offerings.
This is one of the most exciting times to join Financial RPD. The Equity and Crypto markets are undergoing multigenerational changes. Focus on specific equity sector offerings has witnessed a growth in needs for clients to manage specific equity index expressions. The requirement for more specific hedging has further increased demand for our option products and especially longer dated expiries. More complex products have driven the need for unique total return and dividend futures. We also have grown our ESG products materially, which has resulted in new opportunities for clients in North America and Europe.
Lastly, the industry has witnessed incredible macroeconomic changes that have provided powerful forces of growth for the Equity Index and Crypto franchise. Assets under management continue to grow while volatility has increased, driving the need for risk management products. In addition, the efficiency that exchange products deliver along with lower margin cost has further supported the growth in these businesses. Analyst -Research & Product Development
CME Group seeks an Analyst within its Financial Research and Product Development team responsible for Equity, and Crypto products during this amazing time of financial innovation, transition, and risk management.
This role supports the Financial RPD team and will be responsible for understanding the short- and long-term needs of clients, product development, new product launches, content creation, and assisting the team with long-term CME Group business strategy. Critical to the success of the Analyst will be to support the team to manage the significant pipeline of product development and content creation.
Analysts within the close-knit team are expected to work closely with the team located in Chicago, New York, and London. The Analyst will also work across the organization with Sales, Business Line Management, Operations, Legal, Marketing and Corporate Communications among others who are critical to ensuring CME Group products are demonstratable the best derivative offering available. The analyst will have strong quantitative, analytical, as well as written and oral communication skills. Initiative, drive, and a desire to learn will help the Analyst succeed at CME Group. Principal Accountabilities:
Specific responsibilities the Analyst will be expected to perform include:
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Support team members to modify and launch new products for Equity Index or Crypto clients. This will include primary product analysis, regulatory assessment, rulebook creation, internal and external documentation, and communication.
- Ensure that week-to-week reporting and analysis is completed timely and robustly.
- Supporting senior department members with ad hoc analytics and helping develop departmental messaging and presentations.
- Assisting the head of the Financial RPD team with research on specialized projects and strategies such as ESG projects, new product initiatives, and key research content themes.
- Working with the Data team and the associated Index teams to understand the go forward model used to develop additional client-facing data sets and manage its fit within the Google venture.
- Identifying areas of inefficiencies and in turn innovating these processes to allow for maximum output by the Financial RPD team.
- Required: Windows Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Helpful: R, Python, Salesforce, Tableau.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in finance, business studies, accounting, marketing, economics, data science, or quantitative finance
- 1-2 years relevant experience is typical, but strong recent graduates would be considered
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
At CME Group, we embrace our employees' diverse experiences, cultures and skills, and work to ensure that everyone's perspectives are acknowledged and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and consider all potential employees without regard to any protected characteristic.