PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is seeking a Product Analyst to join its Asset Allocation team, supporting the PIMCO All Asset Funds, PIMCO model portfolio business and developing actionable portfolio construction recommendations for our global wealth management clients. The core function of the role involves in-depth analysis of research and data and the distillation of key-insights into client-friendly presentations. The individual will need to have a solid understanding of portfolio construction concepts, multiple asset classes and be comfortable working across multiple teams. The Analyst will participate in a development program designed for a career in investment management, providing broad exposure to financial markets and portfolio analysis. The role will be based in Newport Beach, CA. Position Requirements:
Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Four-year college degree with a major in Business/Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or applied science
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Must be willing to relocate to Newport Beach, CA, if not currently local
- Interest in financial markets, macroeconomics and investment management
- Strong analytical skill set
- The ability to work effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel both internally and externally
- Ability to organize and communicate information effectively verbally and in written communications
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Results-orientation, attention to detail and strong time-management skills
- Support Strategists in delivering portfolio analysis and solutions for clients
- Produce risk management, attribution, market commentary, and other product analysis reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Perform detailed portfolio research and quantitative analysis with proprietary software and external data sources including Excel, Bloomberg, and Business Query
- Assist in the development of new products and funds
- Assist with RFPs and research projects related to competitors and portfolio construction topics
- Collaborate with Account Management, Analytics, and Portfolio Management Teams
- Manage a workload of multiple simultaneous projects while ensuring that deadlines are met
- Develop an understanding of PIMCO investment strategies and their risks and benefits in different market environments
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 90,000.00 - $ 100,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.