This role is a newly created position with a top NYSE firm that is now expanding into the asset management space. They are in need of a sr Project Manager who has direct experience communicating and working with front office (Portfolio Managers, Analysts, Traders, etc). Role is full time and WFH 100%. Contact me at revi (at) wallstreetpersonnel (dot).com.
Senior Project Manager, Asset Management
Senior Manager, HTIM Project Management Office
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Asset Management Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of certain investment initiatives including ownership of project artifacts (e.g. project plan, RAID Log, Project Charter, Timeline, Budget, communication plan, JIRA Cards etc.), quality of effort, monitoring scope, resource assignment and escalation of issues. The incumbent manages and leads the work stream project team(s) and other project management resources effectively and efficiently, influencing and driving to meet timelines and objectives, while ensuring business requirements are met.
• Coordinates and controls the overall implementation of the projects and/or coordination of cross functional business priorities and BAU production support prioritization/execution by performing the following:
o Develops and defines project plans and prioritization queue management
o Works with front office, legal, investment accounting, risk, treasury, IT and operations teams to understand key diligence items for each area and plans related solutions
o Oversight and coordination of all stream leads; monitors stream interdependencies and removes obstacles
o Coordinates and assigns project, business, accounting and IT resources to specific project tasks
o Facilitates project meetings, elicits requirements and group collaboration, sets agendas and provides project status reports as outlined within the communication plan.
o Resolves bottlenecks, issues, resource conflicts and escalates to senior management as necessary
o Reports overall project status to all levels within the organization
o Chairs weekly status meeting on project progress and outstanding issues
o Controls the scope of the project
o Monitors the budget, milestones and dependencies
o Maintains the project paper trail and establishment of project deliverables
o Provides leadership, motivation, feedback and recognition to the project team
o Mitigates risk and providing insight and direction on how to approach and effectively accomplish project tasks based on experience with the project life cycle
o Collects and compiles information and prepare materials for project-level Steering Committee meetings as requested by Program Manager
o Prioritizes and constantly assesses project team activities to align with key business/IT objectives
o Works with business/IT stakeholders and Steering Committee to agree on project objectives, scope, budget, timeline, resourcing and prioritization at the outset of each initiative
o Acts as a Business Analyst where needed by documenting requirements, process flows, desktop procedures, test scripts and architectural diagrams as project requires
• Manages strategic business initiatives that require coordination of multiple teams across Investment Ops, IT , Investment Accounting, Legal, Internal Controls, Compliance and Reinsurance
• Coordinates operational readiness efforts on behalf of Investment Operations and/or IT to achieve business priorities such as Portfolio Onboarding and Third-Party Transactions (e.g. Reinsurance and Third-Party Asset Management Outsourcing)
• Defines and manages User Acceptance Testing
• Identifies user training needs and manages user training
• Integrates the Transition Management Plan into implementation work plan.
• Reports transition management activities, deliverables and status to the Program Management Team and Work Stream Sponsor and, as required, the Steering Team and Executive Sponsor.
• Identifies and escalates upcoming issues to the work stream sponsor.
• Ensures use of proper project management methodologies and templates.
• Manages project risks, issues, mitigation actions, change management, and operational readiness.
• Identifies process improvements that are required to deliver the initiative goals and objectives.
• Provides Quality Review of key project deliverables.
• Facilitates the successful delivery of cross-functional investment projects, partnering and working in conjunction with external partners and clients.
• Performs other related work as assigned.
Direct Reports: None
General Description of Indirect Reports (2 and 3-downs): None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field of study, plus five (5) years of progressively responsible relevant work experience at an investment bank, investment manager, large insurance company or elsewhere in the investment/financial services industry; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Experience in managing complex investment projects, with an understanding of key legal/accounting/operational matters required.
• Proven track record of working with and delivering for front office investment stakeholders is required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Deep knowledge of asset management operational, systems and other related regulations, best practices and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively with front office investment professionals and translate/interpret business requirements into actionable tasks
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Strong systems aptitude
• Knowledge and experience facilitating projects and BAU activities in an Agile framework
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical/operational procedures.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.