The Role: Associate - Sovereign and International Public Finance Ratings The Team:
Our Sovereign and International Public Finance (SovIPF) ratings team focuses on fundamental economic and financial analysis of local and regional governments, universities, housing associations and the healthcare sector.
The team is part of the EMEA Sovereign and Financial Services Group, which performs surveillance on all EMEA based Sovereign, International Public Finance, Insurance, and Financial Institutions ratings. The Impact:
Being an Associate in our SovIPF ratings team provides the opportunity to obtain direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of credits in the region, conducting site visits, preparing the analysis, and presenting a rating recommendation to committee. You would also be expected to contribute to the group's research and other publishing efforts, including cooperation with other groups within S&P Global Ratings. What's in it for you:
- A diverse mix of analytical challenges.
- Direct interaction with policy makers and senior management of rated entities.
- Cooperation with analysts across the global.
- Opportunities to acquire and develop new skills.
- Have a keen interest in public policy, economics and financial affairs and quickly absorb, analyse, and act upon information to maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis.
What We're Looking For:
- Undertake rigorous research and analytical work and write well-structured analytical reports.
- Present detailed information, reasoned opinions, and a rating recommendation to our credit rating committees.
- Demonstrate analytical excellence and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, to explain our credit rating opinions both internally as well as externally, to investors and the media.
- Provide highest customer service standards, whilst adhering to established ratings criteria, methodology, policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate work across a number of teams within S&P Global
- An S&P Global employee at this level would typically have 3-5 years' experience in UK public finance analysis, or a related field of analysis.
- Ideally hold a degree in economics or related fields such as business administration, finance or political science.
- Having achieved the CFA/FRM or other financial qualification would be desirable, but is not a prerequisite.
- Strong skills in comparative economic and financial analysis in the public sector, including Local and Regional governments, Housing Associations, Universities, Healthcare Sector, and in financial markets in general.
- Strong analytical mindset with proven ability to carry out economic and financial analysis in a cross-disciplinary context, and knowledge of public sector accounting principles.
- Knowledge and experience of FCA and CRA3 ratings regulations and ratings process in the public sector in EMEA.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential, as is being fluent in the primary language of the country the role is based in.
- Willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
: Grade 11 (for internal purposes)"
London, Paris or Milan
" S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape."
" S&P Global Ratings
is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide."
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy." ""
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
283359 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom