Who we are looking for
The primary function of the Cash Management Funding (CMF) Team is to provide global administrative support for the processing of all cash related transactions across multiple fund ranges both internally and into the market in line with regulation.
To complete all cash management activities in line with internal and external market deadlines, policies and procedures in support of State Street's global trading and cash management activities. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Cash Management Administrator Senior Associate you will
What we value
- Completion of daily cash management tasks, ensuring cash processing, funding, overdrafts and claims are managed effectively and are in line with market deadlines.
- Completion of payment instructions, posting of ledger entries in relevant global platforms, investigating and managing cash shortfalls by monitoring cash flows across global fund ranges.
- Work in partnership and collaboration with team members to ensure daily tasks are completed in line with deadlines.
- Proactive ownership and investigation of queries/issues that may arise, escalating and reporting any inconsistences to supervisor or manager in a timely manner.
- Work closely and build collaborative relationships with internal departments, regulatory reviewing processes and outstanding issues to ensure a high level of service is maintained globally.
- Proactively identify control weaknesses relating to the cash management funding process, operating model and recommend and implement procedural and process change in partnership with team members and manager.
- Act as a senior point of contact for queries and questions from different business areas of State Street
- To assist with the new developments and projects to improve efficiency and productivity. To act as the SME to help further improve the capabilities of the team and process.
- Awareness and management of operational risk and issues. Identify further opportunities to reduce risk within the team/department.
- To create procedures that reflect processes polices and any workflows that are needed to support the cash management funding process and activities.
- Ensure end to end understanding of all operational tasks and how they relate and impact all processes. Ensure standard ways of working are applied consistently.
- Flexible in approach to provide assistance to the wider team and department to support processes and deliverables
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 2-4 years of work experience in a similar Cash Management function for another buy-side institution preferred.
- Able to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines/KPI's & SLA's
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes in the process and procedure
- Client focused and able to liaise with all levels of seniority
- Ability to identify & propose process improvements
- Ability to understand issues and assist with finding solutions to problems.
- Robust communication skills both verbally and written, with an ability to successfully articulate issues clearly and logically
- 5 GCSEs including Maths & English Grades A - C
About State Street What we do.
- Driven (works with pace & energy)
- Collaborative (team player)
- Organised and structured
- Strong attention to detail
- Logical & creative thinker
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers