Who we are looking for
An experienced Asset Pricing Supervisor familiar with buy/sell-side investment pricing functions. You will be task and delivery orientated with a keen eye for detail. Methodical in your approach, with the ability to think laterally to resolve operational challenges swiftly in a dynamic and time-critical environment. You will be calm under pressure and a natural leader, ready to lead by example to a consistently high standard of achievement.
The primary function of the Asset Pricing Team is to ensure all held instruments are accurately priced on time on a daily basis in line with business requirements globally. This is a critical function which is fast paced dealing with all aspects of asset pricing; providing an efficient service to the internal teams and clients Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Asset Pricing Supervisor, Assistant Vice President you will
What we value
- To supervise/manage the Asset Pricing Team ensuring all processes are completed in line with service level agreements/expectations
- Oversight/management to obtain accurate 12.00pm prices for all securities held in portfolios of midday valued funds and to input/download such prices into Quasar within specified daily deadlines
- Oversight/management to ensure 15.00pm prices for all securities held in portfolios of midday valued funds and to input/download such prices into Quasar within specified daily deadlines
- Oversight/management to obtain accurate closing prices for all securities held in portfolios of closing valued funds and to input/download such prices into Quasar within specified daily deadlines
- Oversight/management of accurate Futures prices and provide to relevant consumers adhering to daily deadlines
- To perform price validation checks where prices have breached specified tolerances or cause concern to end users e.g. Valuations & New Business team. Checks/rules include daily movement, source comparison, stale, static, no price and Bid>Offer
- To own the end-to-end business process for both technical and manual sourcing of prices for all securities and exchange traded derivatives. To identify weaknesses in the control and escalation processes and take proactive steps to address these gaps with internal stakeholders
- To produce Management Information and identify trends in deliverables and volumes
- To proactively seek to improve and streamline existing processes and to ensure all procedures are adhered to and updated as necessary
- To identify frailties in the control framework and take proactive steps to reduce all inherent risks through recommendation and provisioning of additional controls and enhancements
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years securities pricing / valuation supervision experience with a financial Institution
- Deep understanding of financial Instruments and pricing
- Understanding of the impact of world and market events on asset pricing and price availability
- Experience/Good understanding of corporate events
- Experience/Good understanding of Bloomberg
- Good PC skills (Intermediate level of Word and Excel)
- Ability to prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Methodical approach to work
- Highly numerate/ mathematical demonstrating good analytical skills
- Experience in business analysis, process improvement and change management.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast moving management environment with many often conflicting demands.
- Ability to influence change in a positive manner.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to preserve.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Ability to force clarity.
About State Street What we do.
- Degree qualification is preferred
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers