Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as a Vice President, Client Management - HSBC Securities Services. Principal Responsibilities
Account Management AO&M sits within the Securities Services (SSV) platform, and this role has been created to further support the consistent application and on-going delivery of the "Next Generation" of account management to SSVs' strategically important Asset Owners & Managers client base, across SSV products.
- Working alongside Client Service Managers and the Client Executives, a primary purpose of the role will be to ensure that we deliver a service proposition that recognises and adapts to changing client requirements as automation and digitization reduce reliance on operational interaction day to day, and clients seek to extract additional, long term value from their service providers
- The role will be critical to the satisfaction and sustainability of our client relationships by helping create and maintain a platform for growth within the AO&M sector and ensuring we deliver:
- An industry-recognised, best in class account management proposition
- A fully reference-able client base with limited/zero attrition
- Client retention - work in tandem with Associate Directors, product management, service delivery and client management to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and a reference-able client base
- Create and maintain detailed client plans that effectively map the organisational structure and key contact points in the assigned clients
- Ensure proactive management of issues across all products and jurisdictions by directing the resources in each service component or jurisdiction
- Capture, advocate and drive service improvement opportunities and prioritise change management agendas across the business
- Establish/adhere to an agreed governance framework and meeting schedules to deliver strong senior client engagement and maintain full compliance with internal controls
- Minimum of three years' experience of Securities Services, client management, business implementation/change, business development and/or senior operational leadership experience
- Client facing with excellent communication and presentation skills, including an ability to lead and manage meetings
- Track record in maintaining and retaining client relationships across securities services products with an ability to help execute departmental strategy
- Understanding of core commercial and contractual drivers and business performance
- Proven ability to adapt to the changing demands of the industry, clients, and internal stakeholders
- Proven capacity to operate across a complex organisation collaboratively, whilst ensuring that the agreed client/HSBC agenda is effectively managed
- Demonstrable quality track record as a team-player with the capacity to positively contribute to the department strategy
- Fully proficient in understanding the regulations that drive the securities services arena and in particular those that govern client management
- Sound understanding of controls, risk management (product and market) and mitigation techniques
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.