Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Our Markets business is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It combines sophisticated 24- hour global coverage with a detailed knowledge of local markets. Our services are offered both online and offline in more than 60 countries and territories worldwide. We specialise in foreign exchange, credits and rates, structured derivatives, equities and debt, equity and equity-linked capital markets.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate, Model Risk and Business Management. Principal Responsibilities
Key duties of the role holder will include:
- Serving as the lead, key contact and subject matter expert for Capital Markets Product Pricing models and model risk management in the HBAP and MENA regions
- Acting as the business liason between Quant team members and our key HBAP and MENA stakeholders, particularly our model users (i.e. members of the trading desk and lines of business) and second line of defense colleagues (i.e. regional Model Risk Stewards)
- Ensuring that all model governance and risk management requirements are satisfied for Capital Markets Product Pricing models and model use cases used in HBAP and MENA (i.e. with respect to HSBC's model risk policy and model risk standards, as well as any local regulatory requirements)
- Providing written and verbal responses to inquiries from HSBC's independent model review team, auditors (both internal and external), and regulators as required
- Play a key role in driving activities required to close outstanding regulatory findings, Model Risk Indicators (MRIs), and audit findings
- Generating management information (MI), slide decks, and papers on model risk management and the Quant book of work as required
- Running the Asia Model Risk Oversight Forum (Asia MOF) and attending other model risk management meetings as required
Qualifications, Skills, Experience, and Subject Matter Expertise
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- 3+ years of experience working as a Quantitative Analyst, model risk manager, model validator, or similar at a top-tier bank or "Big 4" consultancy
- Demonstrable experience in Front Office / Capital Markets Product Pricing model development, risk management, governance, validation, or review
- A basic understanding of industry-wide best practice relating to model risk management and governance;
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A keen eye for visual presentation and the effective communication of data
- Proven ability to work to tight timelines, juggle multiple projects / deliverables, and reprioritise their workload on the fly as the demands of the business evolve
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with and successfully influence individuals with a wide variety of subject matter expertise and technical ability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Previous experience / fluency in HSBC's internal model risk policies and standards desirable but not required
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.