AltGen is delighted to partner with a leading renewable power generation company that has delivered utility-scale projects across Africa, to the capacity of over 1,2GW. Their focus remains the critical responsibility of delivering sustainable power to countries in Africa, and they have grown from strength to strength, and are rapidly ramping up on their project portfolio!
They have drawn on decades of energy experience held by their management team and seek to make a lasting impact on future generations. Apart from delivering renewable energy and creating employment, they influence the community further, by leading environmental initiatives and creating education opportunities, creating sustainable communities from multiple angles.
They now require an experienced Financial Modeler to join them in their London office as part of their dynamic and forward-thinking financial team, who will play a critical role in supporting corporate and finance activities, as well as the Business Development team. The role is part of the finance group and is responsible for the preparation, analysis, and review of financial models required by the business to make informed decisions based on sound economic and financial analysis.
The ideal candidate will have previous hands-on Financial Modeling experience and would have a deep understanding of complex project finance transactions, as well as the structuring around non-recourse project finance. Transaction experience, especially across managing multiple workstreams and processes, is also highly desirable.
You will be responsible for providing robust project finance models for investments decisions,
corporate consolidated models for portfolio management, maintenance of the operational models, and the provision of relevant analysis for the Board and its shareholders.
If you would like to contribute your financial skills and expertise to an organization that is making meaningful moves in the renewable industry and in untouched communities in a sustainable way, do not hesitate to apply for this role!EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum degree qualified (business, economics, engineering or accounting)
- CFA certification or related certification (FMVA, CAIA, FRM, ERP)
- Understanding of renewable energy technologies: solar, wind, hydro, and geothermal. This includes knowledge of the technology's technical and economic parameters, operational risks, and market trends
- Knowledge of energy policies and regulations: tax incentives, feed-in tariffs, and renewable portfolio standards, to ensure accurate modeling of revenue streams
- Experience with project finance structures: Renewable energy projects require specialized financing structures such as power purchase agreements (PPAs), tax equity structures, and debt financing
- Expertise in financial modeling: knowledge of financial statement analysis, discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis, and sensitivity analysis
- Understanding of environmental factors: carbon pricing, greenhouse gas emissions, and environmental regulations that can impact the financial performance of renewable energy projects
- Understanding of complex project finance transactions preferred
- Sound understanding of the structuring around non-recourse project finance preferred
- Transaction experience, especially across managing multiple workstreams / processes
- Experience in at least one or more of the following areas is favourable - power / energy /
- infrastructure industries, growth markets and/or infrastructure investments)
- Support the Corporate Finance Manager in the production and maintenance of financial models relating to all business requirements including the corporate model, operational energy generation models and new development models. Such models will be:
- Auditable, fit for purpose, delivered on a timely basis, and include an outline of assumptions, economic outcomes and key sensitivities
- Define inputs and assumptions, including compilation of financial model databooks, to accurately reflect legal commercial agreements, requiring liaison with other project team members and subject matter experts (e.g. finance, corporate finance, legal, engineering, technical advisers, PR, HR, external advisors, operating subsidiaries etc. as appropriate)
- Provide analysis to support overall project review and approval processes, including the identification of key risks and sensitivity analysis
- Regular updates of models for changes/actual performance for projects under construction and operational projects.
- Maintain key data and information to support the business for areas of responsibilities including:
- Financial and commodity data used as key inputs to project models (e.g. inflation, FX forecasts etc.)
- Country evaluations where requires
- Sector and competitor fundamentals; ongoing analysis of electricity markets within project countries (e.g. trends in demand, supply, regulation, competition, transactions etc), if required
- Post-acquisition asset management and performance monitoring support, including updated forecast financial models and budget support where required.
- Assisting in preparation of Board papers and presentations
- Assisting with shareholder information requests and management of the company's platform Model
- Ad hoc financial modeling / analysis as required
- Strong analytical, technical, communication, and strategic skills
- A deep understanding of the Renewable Energy industry
- Accounting and tax experience and qualification for infrastructure projects
- Greenfield project finance financial modelling
- Project finance and associated hedging
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Transaction / financial structuring
- Commercial review of legal documents
- Fluent in English language (French and/or Arabic would be desirable)