The Role: Associate - Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFI ) The Team:
The Banking r atings team covers both bank and non-bank financial institutions (NBFI s ) .
The team is part of the EMEA Sovereign and Financial Services Group, which performs surveillance on all EMEA based Sovereign, International Public Finance, Insurance, and Financial Institutions ratings. The Impact:
Being an Associate in our Banking team, you will initially focus on NBFIs across Europe , however you will likely expand your coverage to banks in the medium term . You will cover asset managers, distressed debt purchasers, leasing companies and investment funds obtain ing direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of credits in the region, conducting site visits, preparing the analysis, and presenting a rating recommendation to committee. You will have the opportunity to establish yourself as an industry expert by covering a diverse portfolio of complex credits, interacting with NBFI's top management, and largest global investors. Finally, you will also be able to deepen your expertise in ESG and tech disruption topics that have become a key focus for NBFI credit analysis. What's in it for y ou:
- A diverse mix of analytical challenges .
- Direct interaction with policy makers and senior management of rated entities .
- Cooperation with analysts across the glob e .
- Opportunities to acquire and develop new skills.
- Issuers: You will be the first and most important contact with the issuer handling the day-to-day analytical relationship. You will lead the meetings with companies' top management and will prepare the materials and present to the S&P rating committee that determines the rating outcome.
- Publications: You will publish high quality and forward-looking rating reports. In addition, you are expected to author or co-author high-quality research pieces on the sector.
- Outreach: In coordination with the Sector Lead and Analytical Manager you will communicate our thought leadership and credit stories via appropriate channels (e.g., publications, speeches, conference presentations, media interviews, social media etc. ).
- Innovation: You are expected to absorb the dynamically changing parameters of NBFI analysis (ESG, digital disruption, transformation of business models) and include forward-looking views into your research and committee presentations. You identify internal innovation and process improvements to promote an ongoing amelioration of our work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- People: You are a team player promoting a positive team atmosphere as well as analytical and client service excellence.
- An S&P Global employee at this level would typically have 3-5 years' experience in corporate credit analysis. Experience in analysis of asset management, distressed debt purchasers, leasing companies or investment funds would be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of corporate accounting and ability to build forecasting models. Familiarity with bank accounting is an advantage.
- Ideally hold a d egree in a relevant business-related field .
- Having achieved the CFA/FRM or other financial qualification would be desirable but is not a prerequisite .
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential, as is being fluent in the primary language of the country the role is based in.
- W illing to travel, sometimes at short notice .
- Numerate and accurate with figures and detail-orientated, with ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with potentially tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and execution mind-set.
- Computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skill s.
: Grade 11 (for internal purposes)" "
" " Location:
London, Paris or Milan
" " S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. " "
" " S&P Global Ratings
is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide. " "
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy." " " "
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
283357 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom