S&P Dow Jones Indices The Role:
Associate Director, Product Management, Global Equity Team The Team:
S&P Dow Jones Indices is seeking a Product Manager to join the Global Equity Team. This team is a core pillar of the Equity Icons product group at S&P Dow Jones Indices and is responsible for providing client solutions, insights and thought leadership, and driving the product strategy and financial health of the product line. The product coverage includes global benchmarks such as the S&P Global BMI and S&P Global 1200 as well as subset indices focused on Real Estate, China, and Shariah/Islamic offerings. As a member of this team, you will embrace agility as a discipline and drive agile adoption within the team.
You will report to a sub-chapter lead within the Product Management Chapter and be part of an agile cross-functional team accountable to deliver on the team's strategy and goals. You will be responsible for driving initiatives related to global equity product offerings and will focus on regional client adoption of all S&P DJI global equity offerings in coordination with client teams. You will also contribute to strategic initiatives within the team. The Impact:
S&P DJI indices are used as the basis of investment products and to benchmark portfolio performance. S&P DJI indices are the foundation of some of the world's leading exchange traded derivatives, ETFs, structured products, OTC instruments, index funds in addition to being the benchmark for investment portfolios. What's in it for you:
You will join a high performing team where you will have the opportunity to learn from local and international colleagues while overseeing a wide range of index products. As the investment industry is undergoing a tremendous structural shift brought about by technological changes and by the shift from active to passive investing, this position sits squarely at the epicenter of this evolution.
The role will allow the Associate Director to have impactful exposure to multiple groups within S&P DJI (Marketing and Communications, Channel management, Research & Design, Index Development, Client Coverage, and others), to clients such as structured product desks, asset managers and asset owners, exchanges, and other financial technology and data players. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an iconic leading benchmark provider, bringing independent, transparent, innovative index solutions to the global investment community. Responsibilities: Agile Adoption, Vision and Values:
- Become a champion for agile and a catalyst for continuous improvement - role models agile principles and behaviours
- Participate and engage in Agile ceremonies on a multidisciplinary Team (e.g., Daily Standups, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives)
- Maintain and provide input into the backlog and other Agile artifacts, treating these as living documents
- Be open to constructive feedback and adopt a continuous improvement mindset
- Enforce and adhere to Team norms
- Demonstrate flexibility when working in globally distributed Teams
What We're Looking For:
- A client focused and execution minded mentality
- Act as "voice of the end-customer". Proactively seek customer feedback to learn and better understand their needs and requirements and ensure end-to-end delivery of features
- Support product sales in key engagements with deep knowledge of S&P DJI's products and key capabilities and offerings, as needed
- Partner with Commercial team to develop and deepen relationships with clients and internal/external stakeholders, supporting the franchise of S&P DJI's products through initiatives such as product education
- Own relationships across Product and functional teams and coordinate integrations with strategic business partners to ensure ongoing product functionality and success, including identification and support of cross-product solution opportunities
- May present annually at select industry events, professional associations, conferences, or other activities deemed strategic priorities as the subject matter expert
- Analyze market trends and competitors, and derive conclusions for strategic planning of product direction and features
- Identify growth opportunities and develop robust pipeline of growth for existing business, indices, and builds
- Contribute to prioritization and backlog management including sprint planning and executing on identified sprint deliveries
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in finance or a related field is required
- Master's degree or equivalent in a relevant field or progress towards a CFA Charter holder is strongly preferred
- Expertise related to global equity markets, including China A-shares and Stock Connect functionality
- Understanding of the investment process, investment management industry, portfolio theory, and financial markets is required
- Knowledge of indexing, passive investing and understanding of S&P DJI global equity indices is desired
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in product development and/or research
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Programming skills (Python, VBA, others) are preferred
- Knowledge of analytical platforms such as FactSet, Capital IQ, Evestment and Morningstar is preferred
S&P Global Grade
- Previous experience in either in product management or in equity indices with proven record of successfully delivering solutions to clients
- Demonstrated cross-cultural and cross-functional effectiveness - experience in collaborating with multiple teams and across functions
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12 The Location:
Singapore or London About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Dow Jones Indices
provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global capital markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
285554 Posted On: