- Be the lead banker for a select group of Banks and Broker Dealer (BBD) clients assigned by the team head.
- Single point of contact to the client's with respect to origination and all relationship management responsibilities in HK.
- Responsible for working with the Global Account Managers ("GAM"), Field Account Managers ("FAM") and Product Partners in FM, TB, CF and Risk to deliver the SCB Asia Network to our clients.
- Key requirements include effective origination skills, relevant product knowledge and an acute knowledge and experience in identifying and managing all Risks.
- The successful candidate will be expected to both build and originate new client relationships by providing service and solutions tailored to the clients' needs and acting as a content provider alongside our regional and global colleagues.
- Act as direct sales on all origination activities in country or region:
- In partnership with GAM / Senior Banker jointly accountable for clients.
- Conduct origination activities i.e., pitch books, industry leads etc; including coordination with network and product.
- Client analysis, reporting on post origination activities; client meeting documentation; adherence to sales discipline requirements, case studies.
- Client meeting preparation and execution.
- Competitor analysis, compare/contrast SCB's value proposition vs. its peers.
- New transactions: Deal execution support, credit documentation, limit loading, co-ordinate with sales/products on fee letters, deal drawdown.
- Proactive management of portfolio including client and product partner engagement to ensure limit utilization.
Support GAM / Senior Banker in account strategy process for each client by involving all relevant internal stakeholders:
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Conduct 'deep dive sessions'.
- Work with the product partners to maximize cross-sell and returns on risk weighted assets.
- Communicate relevant approved strategy for each client to all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Along with product partners, push for line utilization of complex and structured transactions. Oversee the CM in ensuring high utilization of regular BAU facilities.
- Review client profitability data for clients.
- Participate in conversations with client on account strategy/wallet sizing/transactions/pricing issues.
- Identify clients that need to be classified as Early Alert with Credit and/or transferred to SAG.
- Lead the effort in amending the account Strategy if a critical credit related issue arises.
- Form and manage internal deal team for complex transactions that involve numerous internal product partners. Ensure that sensitive deal information is managed and treated confidentially.
- Drive product and geography cross sell with clients.
- Responsible for prompt logging of client calls into systems and refreshing deal pipeline. Drive swift conversion of deal by engaging client and relevant internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for annual account planning exercise and engage product partners to ensure account planning process is rigorous and revenue objectives for client are fulfilled.
- Responsible for periodic credit review and requests for information/updates particularly during periods of market volatility.
- Exemplary deal management from origination to post deal ensuring at all times, professionalism of discussion, completion of relevant documentation, fulfilment of deal conditions and monitoring post fund disbursement.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Banking or Finance (preferred).
- Basic understanding of the Financial Institutions (BBD knowledge is an added bonus) and specific client knowledge.
- Cross-product operational experience/knowledge.
- Ability to problem solve and manage under tight deadlines.
- Other internal and external certifications (eg, HKMA) can be taken on-the-job, if the candidate is selected.
- Proficiency in Mandarin and Cantonese preferred but not mandatory.
About Standard Chartered
- Knowledge of the BBD industry
- Credit and financial crime risk assessment
- Commercial Banking and Financial Markets product knowledge
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers