S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Corporate Actions Specialist, Equity Research and Fixed Income The Team:
S&P Global's Managed Corporate Actions (MCA) service is a best-in-class centralized source of validated corporate action announcements. The service provides a centralized source of validated corporate action data for nearly three million equities, fixed income, and structured securities across more than 170 countries and territories. As financial firms face a deluge of raw information on corporate actions, the risks and costs associated with acquiring and managing this data are higher than ever. An investment decision based on poor data quality, in terms of both accuracy and timeliness, can have enormous ramifications, with potential exposure running into the millions of dollars.
The Managed Corporate Actions team validates data through an intricate and precise process of consolidating, researching, and validating announcement information. We enhance vendor records and resolve conflicting information with agents and custodians to provide clients with a single golden corporate action record through this validation process.
Managed Corporate Actions drives to reduce operational risk and lower ownership cost by providing shared industry services for buy side and sell side firms, central banks, regulators, auditors, and insurance companies. The Impact:
The Corporate Actions Specialists are responsible for using discretion and subject matter expertise to ensure that each composite record's state clearly and accurately defines the terms of the corporate action. This enables our clients to correctly pass notification on to their clients to conduct investment decisions and correctly allocate entitlements resulting from the corporate action. What's in it for you:
- A successful candidate must be highly intellectual, research-focused, and attentive to detail.
- Essential job responsibilities include research, analysis, and validate the accuracy of announcements initiated by information received from suppliers.
- This involves leveraging knowledge and expertise to determine the correct sources for the most comprehensive information, interfacing with agents, vendors, and clients to investigate scenarios that are often unique and require significant investigation to reach a correct answer.
- The analyst role involves substantial contact with clients, who often request additional information and explanations from analysts around the company's decisions and guidance on handling and interpreting specific corporate actions.
What We're Looking For:
- Review corporate action announcements and conduct research to obtain details required to validate and complete announcements for publication of composite records to clients
- Utilize various research sources (prospectuses, information circulars, exchange bulletins), including internet search engines and websites, to validate the corporate action
- Interface with Domestic and Foreign Paying/Transfer/Information Agents, Vendors, Custodians, Banks, Exchange Officials, and with high ranking Issuer Officers (CFO, CEO), including Legal Counsel to obtain corporate action specifics
- Interface with clients via phone and email timely and professionally. Attend to client requests for additional information and explanations around specific corporate actions
- Review daily exception reports; research and resolve exceptions
- Maintain and update daily operating procedures and controls
- Organize and conduct quality assurance testing and special projects in partnership with Product Services teammates in other locations and with local technology counterparts
- Understand Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and their impact on revenue and operations
Education and experience
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in corporate actions and reference data
- Fluency in Korean required to research Korean and support customers, fluent in Japanese in a plus (JPLT N2) or Fluency in Japanese required to research Japanese and support customers, fluent in Korean in a plus
- In-depth knowledge of securities industry, equities and fixed income reference data and corporate actions
- Strong research and data mining skills required
- Knowledge of ISO/Swift feeds preferred
- Knowledge of Excel and SQL preferred
- Experience partnering with global counterparts in various locations
- Proven ability to partner with stakeholders across functions, such as Product Management, Operations, Technology, and Sales
S&P Global Grade
- Outstanding research skills and desire to conduct research to support judgment and decisions
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Strong interpersonal skills internally and with clients
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt knowledge to varying circumstances
- Strong propensity to work under pressure, handle multiple responsibilities requiring varied skillsets, and meet tight deadlines
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 7-9 The Location:
Singapore or Seoul About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
283314 Posted On: