Program Manager (Vice President)- OCBC Property services
This role is part of the program management team in OCBC Property Services, in-charge of managing a new large-scale office campus fit-out project and the rationalisation of the Bank's portfolio of office space in Singapore. The responsibilities and duties are as follows:
Qualifications & Experience
- Manage and support the program of works related to the fitout of a new office campus facility from inception to completion, as well as the related rationalisation of the Bank's portfolio of office space in Singapore.
- Manage the program, scope, interdependencies, processes, risks, milestones and deadlines.
- Manage and coordinate the effort across all internal workstreams assigned to this project.
- Support and coordinate the internal project team to manage all stages of the project from initiation & planning, workplace strategy, design, procurement, construction, testing & commissioning, move, completion & close-out, handover to operations.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders from different functions in the organisation, including finance, regulatory compliance, legal, risk management, technology, procurement, HR, branding & comms on matters related to this project.
- Work closely with external parties on the project team comprising design consultants, project manager, cost consultants, contractors, suppliers, other vendors, landlord / developer and related government agencies. You will guide the project to achieve outcomes that meet business objectives.
- Maintain a strong and positive relationship with internal stakeholders / end-users of the space, by understanding their needs, requirements and constraints, then act in the best interest of the organisation to deliver the project and achieve these objectives.
- Manage and facilitate communication, control, reporting and operating procedures, and ensure that clear objectives, quality control and risk management systems are in place.
- Support the process of preparing for and obtaining internal business approvals on matters related to the project at different stages, including presentations to different levels of management within the organisation.
- Attend project meetings, review plans, designs and budgets, facilitate decision-making, address and resolve issues, monitor and report on progress to the business on a regular basis.
- Manage the overall project program establishing clear milestones and objectives to ensure successful project delivery.
- Manage the project budget in accordance with requirements, forecast and control expenditure to achieve completion within budget.
- Manage and oversee the authorities' requirements on the project and work with consultants to secure all necessary approvals.
- Manage, oversee and coordinate the design process, preparation of the detailed design brief and user requirements, integration of the different disciplines of design, value engineering, presentations, reviews and sign-offs from the project committee and different user groups, compliance with design code and guidelines.
- Manage and monitor the process of procuring the main contractor, other specialist contractors and suppliers to work on the project.
- Monitor the construction process and activities to track progress in accordance with master schedule and in accordance with defined objectives.
- Monitor the process of testing & commissioning, final inspections & approvals, and handover process to the building & facilities management team.
- Manage and coordinate the staff moves between existing and new facilities, including the preparation of space for interim swing moves that are required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experienced in program / project management for corporate commercial office projects.
- Good understanding of the overall process of real estate and construction project planning, design, construction and other technical matters.
- Able to manage budgets, costs, commercial and contract matters related to the project.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills. Able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, interacting with senior executives of the business.
- Self-driven and motivated. Able to work independently, be resourceful and possess a keen ability to learn.
- Able to communicate plans and support the performance of team members in a clear and motivational manner, contributing to a positive work culture.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, preferably in a consultant or client-side role, handling large-scale office campus fitout projects.
- Relevant educational qualifications in related fields of architecture, engineering, quantity surveying, building or project & construction management.
- Proficiency with project management software and MS office suite of tools.