The Role Responsibilities
- The ARM provides direct sales support to the Senior Banker/Banker to originate new business and in partnership with the Senior Banker/Banker is jointly accountable for client revenues/profitability.
- Proactive assistance to the Senior Banker/Banker with transactional support on new business origination activities i.e. client research, pitch books, industry leads etc; including coordination with network and product.
- Client analysis, reporting on post origination activities; client meeting documentation; briefing notes.
- Support Senior Banker/Banker on sales discipline requirements i.e. Account Planning process; pipeline maintenance; client call reports; preparation of deal approval submissions.
- New transactions: deal execution support, document negotiation, coordination with Product Sales and Client Management team on documentation matters and deal drawdown, fee booking and revenue recognition
- Proactive management of portfolio including client and product partner engagement to ensure limit utilization and ensure the accuracy of revenue/returns
- Provide direct sales support to the Senior Banker/Banker on all origination activities for the assigned ARM client portfolio:
- In partnership with the Senior Banker/Banker the ARM is jointly accountable for client revenues/profitability through the provision of origination support including:
- Proactive assistance to the Senior Banker/Banker with transactional support on client research and meeting preparation/documentation i.e. pitch book preparation, research into industry trends etc; coordinating with product and other key stakeholders across the network to ensure client materials are of the highest quality and client focused
- Complete bespoke client analysis as required including competitor analysis reflecting SCB's value proposition vs peers; Complete relevant reporting on post origination activities; client meeting documentation;
- Coordinate with Product Sales and network and assist the Senior Banker/Banker with deal returns calculations and pricing analysis
- Ensure adherence to all sales discipline requirements i.e. provide support to the Senior Banker/Banker on Account Planning, deal pipeline and call report administration/discipline, as agreed with the Banker
- Client meeting preparation including preparing briefing notes and coordinating internal discussions, and execution including logistics if attending client meetings in partnership with the Banker
- Provide support on new business transactions i.e. deal execution support, document negotiation, coordination with Product Sales and Client Management team on documentation matters and deal drawdown, coordination with Product Sales and network on fee booking and revenue recognition
- Proactive management of portfolio including client and product partner engagement to ensure limit utilization and ensure the accuracy of revenue/returns for the portfolio and at client level
The Senior Banker/Banker is responsible for the overall Client Account Plan/ Client Strategy. The ARM is responsible for supporting the Senior Banker/Banker in the Account Planning (client strategy) process and is responsible for providing support with executing the account plan deliverable/ client strategy:
People and Talent
- Attend and minute Account Planning/Strategy 'deep dive sessions'
- Work with the product partners to maximize cross-sell and returns on risk weighted assets. Assist with deal returns calculations and pricing analysis wherever required
- Ensure all relevant client team members/internal stakeholders have been appropriately engaged by the Banker with respect to the planning and communication of the relevant approved strategy for each client
- In partnership with product partners, ensure appropriate line utilization of complex and structured transactions. Review client profitability data for clients and discuss opportunities/concerns with Senior Banker/Banker. Resolve any revenue/fee/returns recognition issues by engaging with internal stakeholders such as Finance, CPM, back office teams, etc.• In partnership with the Banker, participate in conversations with clients to understand their needs and discuss the needs based account strategy and related opportunities, transactions, pricing issues etc
- Understand and be able to articulate the overall strategy for each client
- Support the Senior Banker/Banker through on-going client engagement and vigilant monitoring of client performance with a deep understanding of the client's overall industry business, performance and outlook.
- Support the Senior Banker/Banker with the proactive engagement and management of internal deal teams (all relevant product and functional partners) for complex transactions. Ensure all sensitive deal information is managed and treated confidentially
- As agreed with the Senior Banker/Banker, drive product and geography cross sell with clients
- Provide support to the Senior Banker/Banker with prompt logging of client calls into WorkBench (within 24 hours of the client meeting) and updating the deal pipeline. Support the Senior Banker/Banker to ensure client team activities required to accelerate deal conversion are followed up with the relevant internal stakeholders and with clients
- Provide support to the Senior Banker/Banker on exemplary deal management from origination to post deal ensuring at all times completion of relevant documentation, fulfilment of deal conditions and monitoring post fund disbursement
- Support and develop juniors on the team
- In partnership with the Credit Analyst, identify clients that need to be classified as Early Alert with Credit and/or transferred to GSAM
- Support the CA on periodic credit reviews / ongoing monitoring with requested information/ and engagement with the client (if required) particularly during periods of market volatility
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Bachelor degree in Banking, Economics, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Extensive experience in banking
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy
- Languages: Business English
Role Specific Competencies
- FINRA member: Series 79 and Series 63 (CAN BE OBTAINED AFTER JOINING)
About Standard Chartered
- Manage Conduct
- Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Business - Strategy and Business Model
- Business - Market Knowledge
- Business - Products and Processes
- Business - Business Partnering
- Business - Process Management
- Risk Management - C&I Credit Risk
- Sales - Relationship Management
- Information Systems - Applications & PC Skills
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers