Job description Some careers have more impact than others
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Project Manager
. Principal Responsibilities
- Manage program strategy and the program approach across a series of streams or component activities, building stakeholder buy-in around plans, commitments and changes. These streams will include proposition, TOM, products, technology etc
- Assist business stakeholders with the decomposition of complex business requirements into Epics and User Stories that can be delivered by Technology teams via respective backlogs with minimum cross product co-ordination
- Define and create effective program and sprint plans using group standard tools, with the commitment and buy in from all team members
- Produce effective program progress reports to keep management apprised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or misses
- Lead, facilitate and chair regular project meetings and follow up with team members as required to focus on business and operational issues or technical issues, documenting, assigning, and monitoring all project issues to ensure clearance with minimal impact to project progress. Provide input to Steering Committee Meeting
- Ensure that problems are managed at their level and escalated efficiently with the minimum disruption to the business
- Adopt and share standards, tools, best practices, principles for cost, quality and productivity improvement
- Maintain good exposure and develop knowledge in new techniques, products, services, technologies, and standards
- Manage the development and promotion of the technology portfolio and project management practices
- Work across business and technology to establish effective controls, procedures, and quality assurance processes for the product in line with the Business Transformation Framework and HSBC Risk and Controls framework
- Demonstrate industry leading business domain knowledge
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Core Project Management Skills with an excellent understanding of the project lifecycle
- 5-10 years Project Management experience a must
- In-depth experience of working in a banking environment and change projects
- Experience working on significant, complex, and large-scale projects greatly preferred
- Experience and knowledge of developing strategic business initiatives across both retail and wealth businesses would be greatly preferred
- Should also have a strong cultural understanding of working in China, and supporting Chinese Clients
- Good stakeholder management experience, especially impactful communication, influencing and running project governance Implementation, change management and benefits realization
- Strong understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers, and other stakeholders
- Able to cope with pressure and tight deadlines and be change oriented
- Able to manage and report on large budget activities
- Self-starter, who can work pro-actively with minimum supervision
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.