Join us as a Release Train Manager
What you'll do
- This is a unique opportunity to join a fast paced and Agile team, responsible for aligning the vision, planning, and interdependencies of many teams by providing cross-team or domain synchronisation of the portfolio delivery and domain pipeline
- With no two days the same, you'll have the chance to be a true servant leader and help ensure consistent Agile delivery at scale
- In this exciting role, you'll enjoy regular engagements with key stakeholders as well as the opportunity to build your network across the bank
In this key role, you'll be developing and maintaining the release train. This will include the preparation and review of the release and environment strategy, involving plans and estimation, and management of interdependencies. With your vital leadership, you'll provide cross-team synchronisation, making sure everyone has a clear understanding of how their work helps our customers.
You'll drive continuous improvement across delivery via various channels, including improving or removing manual steps. We'll look to you to demonstrably improve release train agility and value to end state customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
The skills you'll need
- Enhancing deployment and management phases of the development lifecycle, including through Agile coaching and active contribution to release and environment best practice
- Facilitating and fostering the preparation of release and sprint vision, goals and work pipelines and facilitating pre and post planning meetings
- Building and communicating release calendars and iterative planning cycles and synchronising with other release train managers across domains
- Aggregating the programme release objectives into value streams release objectives where they exist and publishing them for visibility and transparency
- Assisting with the economic decision-making by facilitating estimation by teams and the roll up to programme and portfolio levels
We're looking for someone with an expert understanding of running complex projects spanning multiple scrum and non-scrum teams.
You'll also need:
- Strong experience of networks infrastructure delivery as a Programme Manager/Release Train Manager
- Experience guiding a release train in the adoption of agile planning tools and ceremonies
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with scaled Agile and I2V tools and methodologies spanning value stream, portfolio, programme and team levels
- The ability to prioritise and sequence tasks that are to be delivered by feature teams across multiple Domains
- Strong servant leadership capabilities