Description About this role What is the opportunity?
We are recruiting for a newly formed Core Risk Management (Core RM) group, whose objective it is to advance risk management practices at BlackRock, delivering scale and resilience to the risk management platform. This opportunity is to join the Core Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Reporting & Operations team within Core RM, which is responsible for the execution and delivery of multiple Core ERM, Board and oversight committee and regulatory processes and reports. The team will also participate in generating efficiencies by running automation projects on the various report production processes they own.
Core RM is part of the Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group, which provides independent oversight of BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks globally. What will you and your team be doing?
What do you have?
- Consistently deliver high quality on time reports
- Be proactive and accountable for identifying, measuring, and presenting production issues and risks
- Provide regular and detailed status reporting on production and run multiple concurrent production processes.
- Handle workload to efficiently meet set deadlines, and flexible to pick up ADHOC reporting requirements and tasks
- Responsible for developing and maintaining up-to-date process flow documents for all tasks related to assigned processes
- Be able to generate visual reporting in Power BI and keep abreast of any change request
- Analyze and gain functional and technical requirements through collaboration with SMEs (other technical leads and business analysts) and other RQA teams
- Support the Team lead in various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts.
- Constantly evaluate systems, processes, and procedures for inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvement.
What do we have?
- Keen interest in solving difficult real-world problems, analytics, reporting and production
- Outstanding business, communication, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, a good work ethic and ability to work as part of a team in fast paced environment a
- Degree in Finance, Computer Science, Data Science or B. Technology
- Advanced Excel, Power point and running other MS tools
- Must be skilled in Python or SQL and Power BI
- Good knowledge of VBA
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to breakdown complex ideas in simple terms to influence outcomes
- Project management and collaborative skills to develop and implement solutions
- The opportunity to shape an exciting new operating model and drive adoption and application of new technology, tools, and techniques to tackle real business problems.
- A highly respected risk management group with deep subject matter expertise and global reach.
- A proven track record of driving better outcomes across a wide range of investment strategies and business areas.
- A legacy of technology innovation and deep connectivity with technology partners.
- A dedication to investing in our people to increase individual enablement and ultimately build a stronger team. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion which encourages collaboration, innovation, diversity and the development our future leaders. We actively engage in discussions on career growth and work with team members to understand how personal passions and strength connect with our purpose.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.