We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Regional Energy Transitions research team as an analyst based in London. You're one of those people who have a real passion for energy markets, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an outstanding ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of collaborating with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds. Our team:
You will be based in our London office as part of the Regional Energy Transitions research team for BloombergNEF - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg's global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ (https://about.bnef.com/) or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact/ (https://about.bnef.com/contact/). BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF, we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun! What's the role?
Europe is at the epicentre of global efforts to decarbonize the energy system and scale-up investment in new technologies. The region is also confronting some of the most pressing energy security challenges in recent history, stemming from an ongoing gas crisis. Energy market dynamics in Europe are rapidly changing, as are policy solutions and innovations to support the transition.
You will be responsible for undertaking primary research and analysis on the European energy transition, producing written reports, presentations, tools and other products, including long-term scenario analysis and policy research. You will also be answering client requests and supporting business development through client interactions in English. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Become an expert on the European energy transition
- Research, analyze and produce reports, with a cross-cutting focus on both energy markets and policy drivers
- Develop and implement market-leading insights, including data sets, scenarios, and tools
- Demonstrate excellent quantitative and quantitative skills, present and work with data effectively
- Write clearly and concisely, and make your insights understandable and relevant to a wide range of clients
- Deliver presentations, share your research at industry events, and clearly communicate insights to clients and prospects
- Build a reputation in industry for your insights and analysis, and help our clients get to grips with the landscape of energy transition in Europe
- Balance multiple parallel tasks, be highly organized and have rigorous attention to detail
- Collaborate with integrity and drive with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
We'd love to see:
- Strong knowledge or demonstrated interest in the energy industry
- University degree in a scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline
- Fluent communication skills in English: writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media)
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with working effectively with data
If this sounds like you:
- Internship and/or work experience (1~3 years) in the energy, commodities, finance industries
- Knowledge of energy markets or decarbonization technologies and policies
- Experience with data projects, querying and working with large databases (e.g. SQL, Python)
- Speaking/writing ability in at least one non-English language
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)