Do you have solid experience/ exposure within the asset management industry, working with third party support models (experience supporting Aladdin, CRD, Thinkfolio etc)?Do you have a strong technology background- checking logs and services, use of monitoring tools, automation & dashboards etc?
We are looking for an Application Senior Analyst to join a busy application support team, supporting users from across the business utilising a multitude of systems. Ruffer uses predominantly third-party vendor systems, supplemented with customised internally developed applications.About Us
Ruffer is an independent private partnership with over £26.5 billion under management and around 340 members of staff. It manages investments on a discretionary basis for individuals, trusts, charities, companies and pensions as well as collective investment schemes. We have offices in London, Edinburgh, Guernsey, Paris and New York. Ruffer is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK.Role summary
The objectives of the role are as below:
- Providing technical and application support to the business, incorporating both in-house and 3rd party applications.
- Promotion and expansion of the use of applications within the business ensuring users employ the systems correctly and effectively.
Ensuring the effective day-to-day operation of, and adherence to, the incident management process, including roles and responsibilities and service level agreements:
- Assessing business requirements and prioritising issues based on urgency and impact.
- Communication of key issues to stakeholders and the technology management team.
- Interacting directly with end users and 3rd parties, providing the required support.
- Ensuring that issues raised by users are logged and resolved in a timely manner.
- Logging support tickets and issues using service desk software, ensuring key attributes are recorded.
- Performing application troubleshooting, capturing evidence required for resolution or escalation.
- Liaising with end users regarding the status of logged calls at all stages of the incident lifecycle, from initial call through to documenting call resolution and end user acceptance
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Escalating priority cases as per the incident escalation process.
- Training users to reduce user tickets and raise self-service.
Working closely with our Product Owners, Business Analysts and Business Process Owners to ensure systems are transitioned, managed, and supported effectively and with minimal impact to the wider business:
- Assisting with the service take on of new internally developed and 3rd party applications, including making sure all service take on documentation is complete, and supportability requirements such as monitoring are clearly defined.
- Raising patterns of issues to L3 to request strategic resolution of problems.
- Working with L3 to identify processes and small changes that can be handed over to the Application Support team, ensuring appropriate procedures and documentation are in place.
- Creating visibility and understanding of Development team activities and plans by working closely with the dev teams and participating in development team meetings e.g. stand-ups, so that this knowledge can be shared amongst colleagues in Application Support.
- Helping to deliver new business requirements and upgrades to existing applications, assisting with testing and delivery of new software including training and supporting users through this process and ensuring change management procedures are adhered to.
Experience & knowledge required:
- Ensuring Application Support processes and procedures are created, reviewed, maintained and adhered to.
- Assisting with Business Continuity Procedures and annual testing.
- Providing out of hours support and system testing when required.
- Knowledge and exposure to the Investment Management industry
- Previous experience of face-to-face user support is essential
- Knowledge of fully managed systems and working with third party support models (experience supporting Aladdin, CRD, Thinkfolio etc)
- Strong technology background- checking logs and services, use of monitoring tools, automation & dashboards
- PowerShell scripting, automation and desire to drive manual tasks to a minimum
- Ability to read and write SQL queries (MSSQL/Oracle), desirable - NoSQL (MongoDB) queries.
We aim to deliver positive returns come rain or shine. If we are to be good all-weather investors, we cannot be dependent on the direction of markets. To avoid that dependency, we always hold investments in what we call growth and protection. We hold these alongside each other, changing the allocation to each over time. When the market sun shines, we expect our growth assets to prosper. When a market storm hits, our protective assets should provide shelter, defending the portfolio from a downturn. At Ruffer, we are committed to being good stewards of our clients' assets. To that end, environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues are fully integrated into our investment process. Whether it's climate change or indigenous rights, executive pay or workforce safety, we believe our considered approach helps us make better decisions. To the advantage of our clients' portfolios. To the benefit of the companies we invest in. And for the good of the environment and society.Diversity, Equality & Inclusion
Ruffer strives for a diverse and inclusive workplace where our staff respect and understand individual differences. To create a truly inclusive culture, we aim to recruit, develop, and retain diverse talent and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.Please note this role is based in our London office and as such you must have the Right to Work in the UK.Ruffer operates a strict agency PSL and we do not accept speculative agency submissions.Ruffer operates a 60:40 hybrid working policy, 60% of working time from the office and the option to work the remaining 40% from the office or at home.