Buy Side Risk Product Analyst Location:
London, UK Grade:
11 (for internal purposes) Summary
Financial Risk Analytics at IHS Markit provides products and solutions to financial institutions to measure and manage their counterparty credit risk, market risk, regulatory risk capital and derivative valuation adjustments. Using the latest analytics and technology such as a fully vectorized pricing library, Machine Learning and a Big Data stack for scalability, our products and solutions are used by the largest tier-one banks to smaller niche firms.
Financial Risk Analytics is seeking a highly motived buy side risk product analyst to join our team and drive product innovation for our asset management and hedge fund client segments. Job description
- Assist in the development of a strategy to build and deliver a competitive offering for buy side risk
- Assist in the creation and execution of the product roadmap, communicating regularly with senior management and clients
- Coordinate with research on development, testing and implementation of new models, ensuring that data and analytics are tightly integrated
- Prioritize development efforts to ensure optimal resource allocation in the context of the roadmap and client's needs.
- Develop analytical tools and prototypes to research features and provide proof of concept prior to implementation.
- Guide the web UI team to design a compelling user interface
- Assist in the presentation of product capabilities at client and prospect meetings, gathering feedback and presenting the product vision to the market
- Take ownership of executing the system for client proof of concept exercises, understanding the product pipeline end to end and generating results in line with client expectations
- Oversee software releases and go-to-market processes, coordinating with marketing, sales and documentation teams to ensure smooth rollouts.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working directly in the product segment (at an asset manager or service provider) - quantitative portfolio management, risk analytics, performance attribution and portfolio construction
- A minimum of 3 years in software product development or equivalent role
- Experience using Python and/or R data analysis tools within a product development role
- Multi asset class experience; fixed income, equities, derivatives
- Thorough understanding of buy side risk techniques: VaR, stress testing, and sensitivities
- Experience using risk and portfolio analytics software (e.g. Bloomberg PORT / MARS, Aladdin, MSCI, Axioma)
- Buy side risk UI design experience
- Knowledge of Order Management Systems (OMS) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Takes ownership of issues and drives through the resolution
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Selfless collaborator with a focus on excellence
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
280639 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom