Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Senior Analyst, OTC Valuation to join our Derivative Valuation team. This role is located in Singapore.
Derivative Valuations is a centralised global utility that support a number of functions across various business lines. We are responsible for valuing OTC derivative assets for inclusion in;
What We Can Offer You
- The NAV production process for mutual and hedge fund accounting teams in APAC, Europe, India and across several US locations.
- The valuation of pension funds for global companies based in APAC, Europe and the US.
- Driving margin calls as part of our collateral management business.
- Regulatory reporting and risk analysis by the bank and our clients.
- An environment where you will develop sound technical knowledge of a variety of derivative products, including vendor and broker pricing, corporate events and security master creation and maintenance.
- Opportunity to develop project management skills.
- Exposure to major global financial institutions.
- A fast paced environment which offers ability to develop and progress within the company.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Review the daily pricing of OTC assets, manual price input and price exception validation review for a variety of clients.
- Understand the theoretical/technical nature of all OTC securities and the data required for accurate calculation of OTC positions.
- Suggest improvements to processes and taking ownership of service provided to clients.
- Deliver work within a tight, deadline driven environment.
- Own and drive the processes required for valuation, analysis, and production of pricing for OTC Derivatives
- Perform checks on the processes required for valuation, analysis, and production of pricing for OTC Derivatives
- Be actively involved in analysis, investigation and explanation of price changes due market data, Greeks and other valuation dimensions required for pricing of OTC Derivatives by querying our pricing database
- Responding to queries posed by our internal stakeholders and our clients
- Active involvement in strategic project management and execution, developing tools and capabilities to enable valuation analytics and process efficiencies
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred:
- Engineering / Data Analytics
- 3-5 years experience preferred.
- Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred but not essential.
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.