Description About this role Software Engineer
BlackRock is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join a development team embedded within Global Investment Operations (GIO). You will be developing exception-based, business-process-centric technology solutions that provide scale to operations teams globally. You will work closely with business users in Budapest and other offices to develop service orientated workflows across GIO's functional areas: Trading & Market Documentation, Transaction Management, Collateral Management, Payments, Corporate Actions, Cash & Asset Operations, and Securities Lending Operations. While this role offers a great opportunity to further develop your IT skills, you will also gain insight into investment management business processes and learn how the various business functions work together. BlackRock's Technology teams are:
Would you like to:
- Passionate about technology, and love to tackle sophisticated problems.
- Building solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 client organizations who also use the Aladdin ecosystem.
- Working with leading technologies such as Java, Python, Camunda, Pandas, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra, and a host of other languages and open source technologies.
- Operating in an agile environment.
- Committed to open source, and love giving back to the community.
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on incremental innovation.
Do you have:
- Work in a culture of willingness, inclusion and proactive engagement at all levels.
- Work closely with users, designers, developers and product managers to translate imaginative designs into working prototypes.
- Understand the business you support, and work closely with users to design, develop & create innovative solutions.
- Tackle complex problems in a constantly evolving environment, with a focus on process optimization, data, & technology.
- Cultivate strong relationships with your colleagues and clients based on a culture of teamwork and service.
- Operate in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment and work as part of a global team.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university
- 2+ years of experience in Python and Java
- Good analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- An ability to translate real business problems into technical solutions
- A track record of forging strong relationships and building trusted partnerships through open dialogue and continuous delivery
- Knowledge and experience with software development best-practices including test driven development (TDD), unit testing discipline, agile development and CI/CD strategies.
- OO and design pattern knowledge, and implementation experience using one or more object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, Python)
In case of prior Work Experience:
- Hands-on experience developing enterprise software systems using JAVA or PYTHON or both)
- Experience developing and working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Sybase) is a plus
- Experience building cloud-native applications is a plus
- Experience developing using an open-source, lightweight & modern BPM solution such as Camunda is a plus.
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.