The Role: Research Analyst - Oil Markets, Midstream, Downstream
The Team: Within the Fuels and Refining division, we provide insight on the industry and market fundamentals of refining crude oil and marketing refined products - including supply/demand balances, trade, prices, capacities, and infrastructure. We forecast product balances and benchmark refining margins, details for national markets around the world as well as guidance on what is an anomaly, and what is a fundamental shift in the market.
This downstream research team consists of a group of analysts covering Asia and Middle East and working with global teams across S&P Global Commodity Insights.
The Impact: S&P Global Commodity Insights provides data, strategic research and analysis across the oil, midstream, downstream, and chemical markets so our clients can make critical decisions with confidence. Energy, chemical players, and financial institutions rely on us to better understand market, company and economic behavior to adjust their business strategy. Our data and research ranges from near/long term outlooks, competitive benchmark, market analysis and technology assessments.
What's in it for you: This role offers opportunities to develop deep a knowledge of the downstream energy sector, to work across teams and to build capacity in client-facing work via market briefing opportunities and support of the commercial team. The team is very international and diverse, and the role involves working with colleagues all over the world. Good growth opportunities are available, both vertically into leadership roles, and horizontally, as S&P Global brings together the deepest intelligence across the widest set of capital-intensive industries and markets.
• Research and analysis of oil market data such as supply, demand, trade and pricing information from proprietary in-house models and publicly available sources
• Maintain and update various databases and models used for research and analysis activities including long and short-term supply demand balances and regional pricing models
• Help team lead in developing forecasts of refined products supply/demand and producing regular reports on a timely manner.
• Analyze complex data and interpret technical information helping in internal research activities and guiding clients to insightful answers.
• Act as the regional focal point for deadline-driven research activities and reports delivery by coordinating with in-country teams.
• Work closely with colleagues from other offices within and outside region and other Commodity Insights teams to improve research activities in terms of quality and efficiency
What We're Looking For:
• Bachelor's degree in quantitative subjects; a graduate degree is preferred, but not essential.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in related research and/or analytical role, typically acquired by working in industry, government, or consulting.
• Excellent Excel skills and proficiency with other MS applications required (Word and Powerpoint)
• Excellent English writing, verbal and presentation skills
• Strong and demonstrable numeracy and quantitative analysis skills
• A self-starter with the ability to work to deadlines and prioritize a complex workload with limited supervision
• Must be flexible with the ability to work collaboratively
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): S&P Global level 8.
The Location: Singapore
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 283453
Posted On: 2023-03-28
Location: Singapore, Singapore