Description About this role What is the opportunity?
We are recruiting for a newly formed Core Risk Management (Core RM) group, whose objective it is to advance risk management practices at BlackRock, delivering scale and resilience to the risk management platform. This opportunity is to join the Core Investment Risk Oversight team within Core RM, which will work with Investment Risk Managers and other BlackRock teams across the globe to enable efficient and effective governance and oversight of BlackRock's investment portfolios in accordance with Investment Risk Management policies and procedures. The team will be responsible for managing risk exceptions and delivering reporting and analysis across the various governance and management committees.
Core RM is part of the Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group, which provides independent oversight of BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks globally. What will you and your team be doing?
Collaborating with risk managers and technology teams to uphold processes which enable RQA to ensure risks in BlackRock's investment portfolios are in line with client and regulatory expectations. Ensuring governance and reporting requirements are in accordance with regulation and RQA's policies and procedures.
What do you have?
- Providing risk report production support to Global RQA teams.
- Providing reporting on risk exceptions to internal governance committees and regulatory reporting, ensuring data accuracy.
- Being accountable for data, exception, and reporting QC.
- Monitoring risk algos runs in production and be able to address any change request
- Supporting and completing various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts.
- Reviewing, managing, and escalating exceptions to risk tolerances.
- Understanding flow of information and data between various groups and systems.
- Generating visual reporting in Power BI and staying abreast of any change request.
- High emotional ownership - self-starter with high energy, motivation, dedication to excellence and positive approach to business challenges.
What do we have?
- A drive to tackle risk management problems using technology.
- Ability to understand diverse requirements from stakeholders and deliver on the key priorities.
- Willingness to challenge processes, propose solutions and call out issues.
- Ability to explain sophisticated ideas in simple but impactful terms and communicate effectively up and down the organization to influence outcomes.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and running multiple high priority tasks with senior management visibility.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible work schedule.
- 4 - 8 years of experience in a Risk Management or Analytical Production division in a financial services firm.
- Some experience or a real curiosity about finance, investment, or quantitative processes.
- MBA/ B.Tech with additional certification in FRM or CFA level-1/2 will be advantage.
- Relevant experience in programming languages primarily in Python and SQL.
- Usage of data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau, Data studio etc.
- The opportunity to shape an exciting new operating model and drive adoption and application of new technology, tools, and techniques to tackle real business problems.
- A highly respected risk management group with deep subject matter expertise and global reach.
- A proven track record of driving better outcomes across a wide range of investment strategies and business areas.
- A legacy of technology innovation and deep connectivity with technology partners.
- A dedication to investing in our people to increase individual enablement and ultimately build a stronger team. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion which encourages collaboration, innovation, diversity and the development our future leaders. We actively engage in discussions on career growth and work with team members to understand how personal passions and strength connect with our purpose.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.