Having mastered the daily workflow of a single asset class, the Lead PIA will leverage their expertise and assume additional multi-asset responsibilities.
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.Core Responsibilities:
- Independently assumes coverage for strategies, escalating issues as necessary with pre-established thought process for resolution. Guides more junior team members on more complex modeling issues. Proactively assumes responsibility for projects that increase efficiency and promote best practice within the team, reducing risk. Most senior individual contributor with strong understanding of the portfolio modeling processes. Serves as proxy/back up to Team Lead
- Demonstrates sound judgement and problem solving to address quick strike issue containment, resolution and prevention, as well as long term technological outlook and implementation
- Manage trading and portfolio manager relationships including coordinating accurate and timely communication of changes across the trading division
- Measure strategy performance and work with global trading partners to ensure seamless implementation of investment and trading strategies
- Serves as a subject matter expert on modeling when working with various functions and groups within the firm including investments, client service, and operations. May be involved in client presentations and/or due diligence meetings as necessary
- Engage in advanced project work to further the team's research, development, and collaboration efforts
- Establishes and maintains understanding of Portfolio Manager's investment process
- Works with traders to determine process for implementation of new accounts and consults with traders on behalf of Portfolio Managers to resolve trading issues
- Communicates with other portfolio modelers on the Baltimore, London and Hong Kong trading desks regarding trades, accounts and best practices
- Works with Compliance and Legal to clarify and resolve investment strategy issues and determine best method for tracking compliance with those requirements
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- 6+ Years T. Rowe Price or related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Maths
- Complete education of advanced degree or CFA, FRM or CAIA
- Savvy use of technology in combination with a data driven mindset
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
- Ability to quickly process information, draw relevant conclusions, and clearly summarize results.
- Ability to determine priorities, plan, organize and follow-through on assignments
- Knowledge of derivatives and multiple asset classes
- Effective written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Project management experience
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.