Analyst | Client Delivery | ESG Innovation and Solutions Grade
: 10 The Location:
London The Team:
The ESG Innovation and Solutions Team sits within S&P Global's newly formed Sustainable1 organization. The team innovates and delivers essential data and intelligence to companies and financial institutions so that they can better understand their exposure to ESG risks and opportunites and report in line with mandatory and voluntary reporting requirements. The team is composed of experienced professionals driven to identify the transformative solutions of tomorrow. The Impact:
S&P Global Sustainable1 is S&P Global's single source of essential sustainability intelligence. Sustainable1 supports our clients with ESG products, insights and solutions from across S&P Global's divisions to help meet their unique needs as they are navigating and realizing the transition to a net zero, sustainable and equitable future.
More than ever, investors and companies seek evidence-based insights, high quality data and advanced analytics to support the decisions driving their strategies linking sustainability and business performance.
Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations and governments with an unmatched level of clarity and confidence. What's in it for you:
In this role, you will be working with a diverse range of clients across the investment value chain to support the disclosure and management of ESG risks and opportunities. You will support clients in meeting reporting needs in line with international and sector-specific reporting frameworks, including CDP, TCFD and the SDGs. The role provides an opportunity to work on cutting-edge client projects in the field of sustainable finance, ESG and corporate sustainability. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Lead and participate in an international client delivery team that provide in-depth analytical insights on the ESG performance of companies, investment products and portfolios using S&P Global's proprietary data, methods, and analytics
- Support ESG Specialists in S&P Global's ESG Commercial Team by developing technical approaches for proposals or RFP/RFI responses that recognize client needs and convey our value proposition
- Clearly communicate insights and technical approaches to clients verbally and in writing, including documenting analytical methodologies for reports and developing graphs, charts, and other outputs appropriate for use by senior executives
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team across multiple locations to conduct analysis and ensure the quality of insights
- Represent S&P Global at conferences and seminars
- Provide feedback from the market to help shape S&P Global's ESG product innovation roadmap
- Ideally the candidate would have track record leading projects in a client facing role. This could include working in a sustainability consultancy firm helping companies and investors understand ESG risks and opportunities
- Other relevant experience would include working as an analyst within an asset manager, pension fund or bank, helping to integrate environmental factors into the investment or lending decision making processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidently presenting complex information to clients in ways that they can easily understand and inform their actions
- Excellent project management skills and be capable of leading complex projects in a client facing capacity and managing others within project teams
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments independently, and as part of an international client delivery team
- Working experience in data analytics, including excellent Excel skills. Coding in Python or R not required but a plus
- Public speaking experience
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, can do attitude
About S&P Global Sustainable1:
- Professional work experience in the finance and sustainability industry
- An undergraduate and postgraduate degree in relevant subjects such as Economics, Finance, Environmental Economics, Development Economics or Environmental Sciences or relevant work experience
- A good understanding of financial markets and investing, as well as knowledge of some of the following sustainability areas that companies and financial institutions are involved in: ESG integration; environmental fund or index creation; environmental risk analysis; green finance, and reporting of investments in different asset classes and across company value chains
- The candidate should be conscious of detail and numerically proficient with natural curiosity and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Fluent written and spoken English. Additional languages will be considered favorably including French, German, Spanish and Mandarin.
S&P Global Sustainable1 is the central source for sustainably intelligence from S&P Global. Sustainable1 matches customers with the ESG products, insights and solutions from across S&P Global divisions to help meet their unique needs. Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. Our data and well-informed point of view on critical topics like energy transition, climate resilience, positive impact and sustainable finance allow us to go deep on the details that define the big picture so customers can make decisions with conviction. To learn more about Sustainable1, visit www.spglobal.com/sustainable1 .
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
276863 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom