About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Responsible for consulting with complex institutional trust and custody clients and prospects to analyze and determine product implementation needs as they relate to institutional trust and custody products. Works with clients, prospects, partners, and investment managers, as appropriate, to provide beginning-to-end implementation of product solutions. Works with the sales and/or client service team to ensure that all partners understand the service needs in order to establish the proper ongoing support.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home. MAJOR DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Consults with institutional trust and custody clients and prospects to analyze and determine product implementation needs as they relate to the institutional trust and custody products.
- Works with clients and/or partners to devise solutions using technology. This may include custom production or system development.
- Works with relationship manager and client to gain understanding of client needs and implements accordingly.
- Serves as the implementation liaison between the client and the production areas to communicate all account and service set up activities.
- Communicates and monitors implementation action plan to ensure that the product and product enhancements meet client expectations.
- Develops solutions to implementation problems that are satisfactory to both client and partners. Anticipates problems based on analysis of implementation issues.
- Advises relationship managers and partners in other areas regarding implementation issues.
- Visits clients to develop understanding of the business, objectives and goals to negotiate and implement client service requirements. Documents client call and prepares status reports for management. Coordinates and participates in training presentations with clients, in the bank and at client site.
- Ensures that all necessary client documentation is completed according to audit guidelines. Provides procedures and documentation for account servicing.
- Keeps abreast of new and existing bank products and services in order to meet the needs and experience of new and existing clients.
- Extensive experience in master trust/custody products and client servicing.
- Knowledge of institutional trust/custody products and services, usually acquired through related work experience, is required to manage client requirements and expectations of trust products and services.
- Knowledge of trust processing and systems capabilities, usually acquired through experience or formal training, is required to coordinate product implementation and enhancement.
- Ability to utilize PC applications to provide alternative solutions.
- Organizational, analytical, negotiation and project management skills are required to direct implementation activities, prioritize tasks, and to lead and work on a team.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal , Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America's best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.