About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Under general supervision, (but works independently most of the time) the Associate Banking Advisor will be responsible for coordinating the Banking account administration for Commercial Real Estate clients; responds to client inquiries, produces reports and oversees transaction processing.
1. Assists the Relationship Managers with client portfolios and internal administration of accounts; communicates regularly with clients and attends client meetings. Also assists Relationship Managers with business development plans and client presentations.
2. As appropriate, may manage a small portfolio of clients and makes presentations at Group and Senior Credit Committee meetings.
3. Coordinates and reviews loan documents for new and renewal fundings, submits loans documentation for evaluation and booking, follows up on missing loan documentation to ensure receipt and complete submission. Proactively engages in the renewal process by reviewing reports of maturing credits and coordinates the receipt and submission of required information from client for renewal process.
4. Coordinates commercial/custom approval process by submitting requests for underwriting and loan documentation. Assists Relationship Managers to coordinate the preparation of loan documentation with internal and outside counsel and the preparation of Relationship Return Reviews (RRR) forms.
5. Develops and maintains working knowledge of commercial loan agreements, financial statements, compliance certificates and other documentation required to monitor client relationships. Coordinates with Credit Portfolio Managers, with oversite by the Relationship Managers, the preparation of Credit Memos.
6. Coordinates with Account Managers, Treasury Management Consultants and Operations team on transactions including payments and borrowing; handles inquiry resolution; obtains appropriate documentation necessary for credit underwriting, monitoring and credit file maintenance; requests and ensures systems information is up-to-date; execution of client servicing events, communicating with clients and other internal and external partners.
7. Oversees development of appropriate action plans for client servicing and coordinates with other team members across disciplines to ensure execution and follow-up.
8. Documents services provided, specialized procedures and ongoing written communications with client as appropriate in managing daily activity.
9. Develops clear understanding of client needs behind service requests and communicates to service partners. Obtains appropriate information from partners and client to facilitate service changes or transactions.
10. Assists Relationship Managers with internal administration of accounts (including internal Loan Review process) business development and client presentations for clients.
11. Assists Relationship Managers and Banking Managing Director with special projects as assigned.
12. Identifies service efficiency enhancements, process improvements and service delivery using creative and proactive measures.
13. Communicates with agent banking partners and clients regularly to inform them of account set-up or status, past due loans, document requests or other information.
14. Is well versed in the compliance requirements for new accounts and relationships. Monitors loan document deficiencies and reviews compliance reports for adherence to policy and procedures.
15. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of various business applications critical to relationship management including client on-line tools.
16. Participates in a timely manner inter-discipline training within the office/region .
17. Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client and/or internal business impact.
18. Will have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Demonstrated experience, or equivalent, in financial servicing/accounting fields with client servicing background.
• Credit training is required with a minimum of one year experience performing credit analysis and underwriting. This experience can be obtained through working at another financial institution
• Knowledge of banking products and services is required.
• Analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are required.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.