Title: Associate; U.S. Public Finance The Team:
S&P Global Ratings is one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. Within S&P Global Ratings, U.S. Public Finance is an important sector of the capital markets as our credit analysis supports key funding initiatives and serves as a growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. You will join a professional team of analysts that maintains a strong culture of analytical excellence and customer service in a supportive, diverse, and collegial environment. The Role:
As an Associate, you will be leading credit analysis for organizations in U.S. Public Finance, which can include ratings for states, municipalities, school districts, charter schools, colleges, hospitals, housing agencies, public power and municipal cooperatives, transportation entities, or utility providers. As part of your role, you will meet with issuers, assess historical and projected data, and compile this information into a thorough committee presentation and effective written analysis. You may also participate in moderately complex analytical and deal-specific situations, assist in resolving client needs, participate in investor calls with more senior analysts, and contribute to research for publications or special projects. As your career progresses, you may have the opportunity to present at conferences, support and write opinion pieces, or speak with the media. The Career Opportunity:
This position is a mid-level position, but with high potential for upward mobility. Advancement is achievable for those who demonstrate strong aptitude, a positive attitude, and a solid analytic understanding of the municipal sector. While overall career progression will depend on individual performance and company need, this is an opportunity for your skills and hard work to advance your career within the organization. This position will give a successful candidate the opportunity to contribute to a strong talent development culture that values integrated and high-impact analysis, service excellence, diversity, and empowerment. Responsibilities:
This position is key to maintaining our market relevance and meeting our transaction requirements.
Specifically, in this role, the analyst will:
- Serve as the primary analyst on credit transactions and prepare well-supported rating recommendations for rating committees, with clear rating reports supporting our credit opinion
- Serve as an active, vocal voting member of the rating committee, which deliberates rating outcomes and reviews materials prior to publication
- Publish timely and insightful credit reports as well as contribute to relevant research pieces
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of ratings criteria and financial statement analysis, while staying informed on relevant news and issues affecting credit quality in the municipal bond market; and
- Mentor and provide analytic support to more junior analysts.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, with experience in the municipal market a plus
- Ability to think independently and critically with strong integrity, analytical curiosity, problem-solving, and research skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills in front of internal and external audiences
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated skills in quantitative analysis
- Ability to accurately interpret data and appropriately apply criteria to generate key relevant analytical insights and conclusions
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently, with a willingness to expand, learn, and support team initiatives
- Proactive and organized with excellent time management skills and the ability to plan, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and markets, with knowledge of S&P's analytical products and services a plus; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and aptitude for learning new applications/proprietary software.
- MBA, MPA, MPP, JD, and/or CFA preferred
Englewood, CO | Chicago, IL | Dallas, TX | San Francisco, CA | Boston, MA | New York, NY Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11
No Sponsorship Available: This role is limited to persons with the indefinite right to work in the United States. Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700 to $170,400 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits, we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement : S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision-making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies, and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments, and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
offers critical insights for credit, risk, and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
285698 Posted On:
Boulder, Colorado, United States