We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Vancouver-based Portfolio Analytics Team.
The Portfolio Analytics (PA) Team manages a variety of functions that support performance, attribution, exposure, and risk calculations for an investment management firm managing over $110 billion in global assets. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high impact, high skill team whose scope, visibility, and importance, continue to grow.
We embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and culture where each of us has the opportunity to succeed. We are a solution orientated and collaborative team seeking likeminded individuals who thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
The PA Team exists at the intersection of post-trade analytics and model development. The ideal candidate has a passion for both sides of the role, understands complex financial concepts, and is able to manage projects through to implementation. A large portion of PA work is unstructured ad hoc problem solving and idea generation/implementation; the ideal candidate is self-motivated and is effective in both an independent and a collaborative setting. You will have the opportunity to work closely with multiple business partners including portfolio managers, middle/back-office teams, and information technology. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead project work to support business initiatives and affiliates’ analytics needs
- Develop and implement scalable post-trade analytics such as performance, risk, and attribution
- Proactively seek out and implement process/workflow improvements to increase efficiency, mitigate risk, and increase the level of service provided to stakeholders
- Investigate ad hoc issues as raised by our portfolio managers and performance analysts
- Manage processes to ensure the integrity of post-trade analytics data
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve complex problems and explain analytical methodologies
- Education – You have a degree in Finance, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, or a related field. Completion of a relevant designation, such as the CFA or FRM, is an asset.
- Industry Knowledge and a passion for Analytics – A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an analytics related role. Experience in asset management and post-trade analytics is an asset.
- Passion for Technology – You are motivated by working with complex data sets and extracting insights from information through the application of technology. We work primarily in Kdb+/Q – training will be provided if necessary.
- Database Knowledge – You can understand, query, and analyze results from complex datasets.
- Problem Solver – You possess an analytical mindset and can detect patterns to solve problems.
- Collaborative – You have a collaborative spirit that helps you to work well with others.
- Communication – You simplify complex issues and present options to resolve business problems.
- Continuous Process Improvement Mindset – You constantly take a critical eye to processes with the goal of finding improvement opportunities and bring an ability to manage multiple projects.
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. (“CCLFG”) provides a broad range of traditional and alternative investment products and services to individuals, advisors and institutional investors. Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, as well as distribution affiliates including Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital, which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single-strategy investments to individual investors. CCLFG partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution, and business management. We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to approximately $110 billion in assets and nearly 800 employees today. This has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward, we can see both opportunities and challenges for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people.
This is best achieved by:
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF via https://jobapply.page.link/DFpK7
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.