Investment Analyst, Private Equity Funds
Manulife Investment Management (“MIM”) is a global wealth and asset management business with AUM over C$839 billion as of December 31, 2022. Investment strategies include fixed-income, specialized equity, multi-asset solutions, and private markets. The Private Markets group has investment teams managing real estate debt, real estate equity, timber, agriculture, infrastructure equity, private equity and private credit on behalf of institutional clients and Manulife’s balance sheet. Investment teams operate in a boutique environment, empowered to make investment decisions in line with their singular philosophy and their clients’ long-term objectives.
Within Private Markets, the Private Equity and Credit (“PE&C”) team invests in private equity funds, equity co-investment and private credit securities (junior and senior financing) typically in collaboration with leading private equity firms. Current PE&C AUM are approximately US$25.6 billion.
The PE&C team is seeking candidates for the position of Analyst: Private Equity Funds. The candidate, based in Toronto or Boston, will focus a majority of their time on Manulife’s $8.7 billion North American and European private equity fund portfolio (additional information can be found at www.manulifeim.com/capital/private-equity-and-credit/global/en The candidate will participate in the evaluation of new private equity fund investment opportunities and assist with monitoring fund investments over their holding period. The candidate may also periodically assist with the assessment and monitoring of direct private equity and mezzanine debt investments, including business evaluation, industry research, and financial modeling.
· Assist in the completion of due diligence of new private equity fund commitments. Such analysis will include analyzing the performance of the private equity firm’s past funds and investments, benchmarking versus the industry, and assessing the firm’s strategy and team.
· Contribute to the preparation of investment reports, in collaboration with senior members of the investment team, summarizing findings from the analysis noted above. Reports will include a detailed description of the firm’s investment strategy and track record as well as key strengths and risks of the investment opportunity.
· Participate in the monitoring of fund investments, including tracking the performance of the underlying portfolio companies and participating in update calls and in-person meetings.
· Assist in the aggregation and reporting of portfolio level data for stakeholders including third-party investors and Manulife’s internal departments.
· Participate in ad-hoc research projects, including helping identify new firms to target for investment.
Consider yourself an ideal candidate for this program if you are a highly motivated individual with demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and leadership skills; possess strong interpersonal skills; function well in a team environment; and if you are a results-oriented individual. In addition, we are looking for candidates who have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 1-2 years of experience in the financial markets (e.g., in public or private market investments, consulting, advisory, accounting, lending, or financial planning & analysis).
· Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and communicate key findings through strong business writing and other communication skills.
· Completion (or enrollment) in the CFA program considered an asset, but not required.
· Strong understanding of corporate finance and an ability to assess financial performance and business value.
· Demonstrated project and time management skills.
· Desire to learn, and the ability to be flexible and creative and to maintain close attention to detail while working in a fast paced environment.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Equities Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs