Description About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup but want to solve some of the world's most sophisticated problems? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we look for Individuals (engineers)
who like to innovate and solve sophisticated problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most sophisticated financial companies and also being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions. About the Team:
Data is at the heart of Aladdin and the ability to provide a trusted data source at scale to our internal and external clients has become a key component of what differentiates us. The Data Operations & Engineering (DOE) team maintains all data integral to the investment decision process, for BlackRock the Investment Manager and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) business in our proprietary Aladdin® end-to-end investment platform. About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Full Stack Technology Lead (React.js, Java, GraphQL, SQL as mandatory needs) with shown experience in delivering Cloud native Web based projects driving measurable business outcome. The person will be building a multi-tenant Data Observability & Monitoring Platform with a Workbench capabilities for Operators to take remedial actions The platform should provide a single pane of glass across the data estates for the Data Operations Team to be able to actively monitor and resolve any issues. The person could also support the Enterprise Data Cataloguing team in building a multi-tenant DataHub (open source metadata management tool) architecture to support clear segregation of meta-data between BlackRock distributed common data and Client provided data.
The role will require a good understanding of data domain types and Data Life Cycle (Acquisition, Data Pipeline, ETL, Data Quality Checks, Ingestion, etc.) to efficiently deliver a trusted data at scale. Typically, you would work in a multi-disciplinary squad (we follow Agile!) which involves partnering with Program and Product managers to expand product offering based on the business needs. Our goal is to drive up user engagement and adoption of the platform while constantly working towards modernizing and improving platform performance and scalability. We are committed to open source and we regularly give our work back to the community. Further core responsibilities:
Mandatory Technical skills required:
- Responsible for all aspects of software design, development, testing, support and ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architecture by harnessing modern development technologies
- As a key member of our engineering team, you will provide ideas to craft our technology roadmap and solutions.
- When necessary, you will present your innovative ideas to leaders and cross functional team across the firm.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and partners to represent knowledge and expertise in technology and investment
- Respond to technical questions and perform ad-hoc analyses when needed to support and substantiate the response.
Good to have skills:
- B.Tech / M.Tech (or equivalent) in a STEM subject area with over 5 - 8 years of experience in Enterprise Software Development
- Strong Experience and capability in SQL and Relational Databases
- Strong Experience with design & development using GraphQL
- Experience working in an agile software development environment and with related technologies (Git, JIRA, ADO)
- Exposure to cloud-native development (Kubernetes, Docker) and Cloud Platform like Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience with Open source publish-subscribe frameworks like Apache Kafka is desirable
- Meticulous planner, well-organized engineer with strong attention to detail and an uncompromising approach to quality
- Financial Domain and Capital Market understanding is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.