Description About this role Team Overview
The Index & Data Solutions team (IDS) is responsible for the index and market data strategy for the firm and the management of the commercial relationships with each provider. The Operations team within IDS handles all market data and index requests and works with the vendors address various reporting, invoice reconciliation & validation and other needs in timely manner. The group is comprised of three key areas: Client Onboarding & Servicing, Market Data Operations, and Index Licensing Operations. Role Description
We are looking for a highly energetic, ambitious, and motivated individual to join our Market Data Operation team in Gurgaon. This position will be mainly responsible for market data users' declaration, Market Data spend inventory management, invoice reconciliation & validation and market data month-end & reporting. The ideal candidate will be a great teammate, be passionate about performance, embrace innovation, able to work independently, pride themselves on their attention to detail, thrive in challenging environments and respond with the appropriate sense of urgency. This associate will be responsible for our day-to-day market data deliverables, project work related to transformation and respond to business inquiries. Key Responsibilities
We require the following skills and experience
- Maintaining spend inventory in MDM in line with contracts and billing requirements
- Declare users to various provider who used various services as per the contract with respective Providers.
- Reconciling invoices for market data services in a timely manner to validate the invoices as per contracts terms
- Market Data spend Month-end & providing reporting and analytics for internal partners
- Proactively addressing any gaps in the inventory
- Engaging in regular meetings with key vendors
- Resolving any issues related to the contract setup, billing, and payment
- Constantly striving to improve the quality of data and build efficiency in existing processes
- Using available tools and platforms within BlackRock to create new scalable processes
The ideal candidate will also have the following experience
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in a related field or applicable work experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and written and oral communication skills
- People management experience is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are a must
- Some working knowledge of financial markets
- Knowledge of Market data Providers and ability to interpret contract terms and conditions is helpful
- Experience with DACS and market data inventory systems such as MDM or FITS proprietary systems will be a plus
- Advanced Excel knowledge is must and experience working in VBA, SQL & Power BI is plus
- Bold and proactive with a willingness to stretch outside comfort-zone
- Self-starter, able to prioritize and deliver multiple assignments while maintaining high quality and consistent results
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.