VP1, Business Technical Account Manager, Group Retail
Posting Date: 31-May-2023
Singapore (City Area), Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations. Job Responsibilities
Merchant Partnership & Development (MPD) team is part of the UOB Credit Payment Products (CPP) within UOB Personal Financial Services (PFS). It aims to provide merchants with cashless payment acceptance, across multiple solution categories catering for many facets of merchants' operating, sales and business development as well as processing needs. MPD team engages merchants through multiple channels to recommend best suited solutions, where customer experience journey is also optimised.
Product Development related:
- Work with key stakeholders to plan, prioritise, communicate and deliver business objectives. This will involve alignment of strategic business directives, and prioritization of customer needs identified by the MPD team Leads and Key Partners. Developing business opportunities through the partner network on-boarded
Implementation and Ongoing Support related:
- Assist in implementation of E-Commerce (EC) merchant accounts to allow them to ultimately be able to accept credit cards transactions successfully
- Establish and maintain the Bank's payment infrastructure documentation and processes
- Coordinate with 3rd party partners / vendors for fault resolution in a timely manner
- Drive root cause analysis/corrective action processes to ensure the service levels are improved by analyzing corrective actions
- Manage payment and technical related issues raised by merchants. This includes technical and operational-related investigations
- Gather requirements from merchants regarding their retail and e-Commerce set up, draw up the solutions flow and design the transaction solution that satisfy the merchant's requirements
Be a part of UOB Family
- In-depth knowledge of payment industry, in particular the operating cycle, challenges and development needs. Broad knowledge of API integrations, partnership management models will be helpful
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex and dynamic business issues whilst balancing delivery roadblocks and timeline targets
- Take Initiative in Learning and demonstrate a Growth Mindset
- Both strategically minded but task and action focused - can see the big picture but also keep a keen eye on the day to day and execute on task at hand
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player as well as able to work independently
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.