Our investment banking client has been present in the UK for more than 150 years, they're a long-term partner to British business. Today, the Group is formed of 10 divisions and employs 9,300 staff based in 21 core locations right across the country. Their role is simply stated: help clients achieve their goals by combining local know-how and global reach. In so doing, they seek to make a positive, sustainable contribution to both the UK economy and society.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Risk Application Support Specialist
for a 6 month rolling contract
on a hybrid
basis 50/50 in the London
office (Marylebone Station). Purpose of the Role:
The team is part of a global support group for managing the production of risk for the Credit, Rates & Complex trading desks on a daily basis; including start of day risk, live trading risk and PnL explains. There are more than 1500 users of the systems.
The support team is in constant communication with Developers, Traders, Middle Office and Desk Support teams. Team members have the opportunity to broaden their understanding of the Global Markets business and the way in which the Front Office operates. The opportunity exists to also learn about the different technologies in use.Responsibilities of the role:
As an Risk Application Support Specialist you will be responsible for:
What we require from the candidate:
- Provide first class support to all users of the system in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise with the Developers to communicate issue raised by the business.
- Improve and maintain a knowledge base regarding support issues and their resolution.
- Build a working knowledge of the systems and business area in order to provide a high level of support.
- Work with the rest of the global team to ensure they are all able to adequately provide a high level of system support.
- Reconfiguring various existing setups in order to improve the efficiency of the system and to cohere to business requests.
- Track issues effectively using ITIL approved methodology (incidents, changes, requests and problems).
- Preparing environments for releases and ensuring that the implementation and pre-production tests are carried out.
- The systems the team supports are classified as Tier 1 (business critical) which requires a very flexible approach to work as we have to support the systems as well as undertake project work. Within the broader team we support an overnight batches that performs the official end-of-day revaluations and scenario analysis for market risk.
Next steps:If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course. This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
- Some understanding of Investment Banking products (swaps, bonds, etc.) is essential.
- Business application support experience (essential).
- Excellent communication skills (essential).
- Python scripting skills (desirable).
- Basic database knowledge, e.g: SQL (desirable).
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.