Description About this role Southeast Asia Wealth Business Description
The Southeast Asia region presents a significant wealth management opportunity for asset managers due to a variety of factors, including a growing middle class, economic expansion, increased financial sophistication, and rapid technological advancements.
The Southeast Asia Wealth team is responsible for understanding market trends and client needs across Southeast Asia's diverse Wealth markets and then translating these into commercial opportunities for our business. The team works with the regional distributors and banks, as well as global private banks, insurers, and wealth platforms to offer the full range of BlackRock active funds, ETFs and alternatives products.
We partner with clients to build bespoke solutions for specific client needs, while offering model portfolios and discretionary investment offerings backed by our market-leading in-house technology and risk analytics. The team is based in Singapore and works closely with colleagues around the globe to deliver the best of BlackRock to APAC Wealth investors. Job Purpose/Background:
BlackRock's Southeast Asia Wealth business is looking for a Vice President to lead and engage with main retail investment fund distributors in Singapore. The primary responsibility is to enhance commercial engagement with clients, contribute to retail distribution strategy, and deliver business results through high-quality business development and client engagement. The role requires collaboration with multiple teams across product and business groups in APAC, EMEA, and the US to deliver the firm's capabilities to clients.
You will be responsible for execution and management of key client accounts and will work closely with the product teams to contribute to product development and new product ideas. Success would mean delivering our value proposition, investment capabilities and commercial expertise with clients as well as help their end-investors achieve financial goals and investment objectives.
Reporting to the Head of Singapore and Southeast Asia Retail, the successful candidate should have demonstrated knowledge of the Retail Wealth segment and distributors in Singapore including retail banks, insurance, advisory, and platforms. A proficient understanding of investment strategies, investment management, capital markets, sustainable investing and alternative strategies would be advantageous. A keen interest to learn and be a "Student of the Market" will be a strong contributor this success for this role. Additionally outstanding social skills, relationship management, and the ability to connect effectively across a matrix and sophisticated organization are critical for success. Key Responsibilities:
- Cultivate and maintain client relationships across retail wealth distribution segments in Singapore (excluding private banking)
- Build and maintain a strong sales pipeline, identifying new prospects and new opportunities with existing clients
- Coordinate and collaborate with Private Banking coverage teams in Singapore and Hong Kong for seamless regional and global banks coverage
- Identify industry and market trends and opportunities, ensuring BlackRock products and services meet client needs
- Set sales and marketing budgets, develop marketing and PR plans
- Formulate and implement sales strategies to achieve firm and team targets
- 8+ years of proven experience in a similar industry
- Outstanding client relationship skills with proven track record in building and growing a mutual fund business
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize data to draw conclusions, informing business strategies and client recommendations.
- Demonstrated commercial abilities in identifying and executing on business opportunities
- Excellent understanding of the asset management industry especially within the wealth/retail segment
- Experience working with clients either through sales or product strategy including mutual funds, index, ETFs, alternatives, and digital solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of our client landscape and marketing and PR approaches
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively convey complex information to clients and internal teams.
- Relevant regulatory licensing required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.