Description About this role About the Role:
As a data modeler, you will be working closely with SME's. data architects, data analysts and data/software engineers to design/implement data modeling solutions for domains with respect to financial services.
To ensure success as a data modeler, you should have in-depth knowledge of data warehousing, as well as expert communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch data modeler should be able to design models that are atomic, reduce data redundancy, streamline data movements, and reduce TCO.
Typically, they work in a multi-disciplinary squad (we follow Agile!) which involves partnering with program and product managers to expand product offering based on business demands. Design is an iterative process. Our goal is to drive up user engagement and adoption of the product while constantly working towards modernizing and improving product offering, performance, and scalability.
Support deployment and maintenance that requires close interaction with various teams. This requires maintaining a positive and collaborative working relationship with teams within DOE as well as with wider Aladdin developer community. Production support for applications is usually required for issues that cannot be resolved by operations team. Creative and inventive problem-solving skills for reduced turnaround times are highly valued. Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Analyzing and translating business needs into long-term solution data models.
- Evaluating existing data systems.
- Working with the SME/development team to create conceptual data models and data flows.
- Developing standard methodologies for data coding to ensure consistency within the system.
- Reviewing modifications of existing systems for cross-compatibility.
- Implementing data strategies and developing physical data models.
- Updating and optimizing local and metadata models.
- Evaluating implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing data systems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with physical and relational data modeling.
- Domain expertise on financial services is an added advantage.
- Expertise in Snowflake is an added advantage.
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and related tools.
- Knowledge of mathematical foundations and statistical analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with team management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Sophisticated troubleshooting skills.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.