The Legal and Compliance Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer who is also the compliance officer.
The responsibilities are expected to include the following. However, these are for guidance and are subject to changeA. Compliance
- Compliance Monitoring
- Carrying out compliance monitoring as detailed in the company's compliance monitoring plan and preparing written reports of the results
- Assisting in the development of the company's compliance monitoring plan
- Assisting with the management of director and employee outside business interests
- Monitoring the company's current holdings against relevant share disclosure regimes, making notifications where required
- Assisting with the maintenance of the company's automated compliance monitoring system and monitoring (pre- and post-trade) investment on a daily basis
- Maintaining the company's compliance logs
- Organising and maintaining appropriate record keeping procedures
- Compliance Policies
- Assisting with drafting and maintaining the company's compliance manual and its suite of compliance policies
- Drafting and maintaining compliance procedures
- Regulatory Reporting
- Ensuring that the company complies with its obligations to report to the FCA and other relevant regulators
- Reviewing and Approving Client Communications
- Reviewing financial promotions, including investment reports, fund fact sheets, presentations and due diligence questionnaires for compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Reviewing the company's website on a periodic basis for compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Preparing notifications and disclaimers for inclusion in communications
- Anti-money Laundering & KYC Checks
- Supporting the MLRO in implementing systems and controls relating to the prevention of financial crime
- Assisting with the on boarding of new clients
- Reviewing KYC information for new and existing clients to ensure compliance with anti-money laundering and other legal and regulatory requirements
- Maintaining the company's database of KYC information and coordinating periodic reviews and updates to KYC information held on file
- Maintaining the company's AML and KYC procedures
- Performing periodic anti-money laundering risk assessments
- Continuous Professional Development
- Managing the implementation of a continuous professional development program
- Coordinating the company's induction training program
- Product Governance
- Assisting with matters relating to overseas marketing, including passporting UCITS and registering funds, or availing of exemptions from registration, in relevant jurisdictions
- Assisting with the company's product governance function, including coordination of annual periodic product reviews and, where required, value assessments.
Assisting with a broad range of legal matters, including:
- Undertaking legal and regulatory research, writing short briefing notes on legislative changes and advising the team on legal matters affecting the business as directed by the Compliance Officer.
- Assisting with review/drafting of Investment Management and Advisory agreements, NDAs, other commercial agreements, policies, legal disclaimers.
- Assisting with liaising with external legal counsel, depositary/custodian and local administrators where required.
- Assisting with, amendments to fund documents, ensuring compliance with fund documents (including investor side letter reviews).
- Updating ESG policies/procedures, assisting with related monitoring/filings.
- Assisting with preparation of board/investment committee documentation.
- Assisting with GDPR compliance (registrations with ICO, updating policies, any subject access requests).
- Assisting with company secretarial filings.
- Updating internal legal precedents as required.
C. Other matters
- Assisting with filing legal documentation.
Assisting with the maintenance of the firms operational control framework and involvement in the annual internal controls audit (ISAE3402) with external auditors.
Assisting broader team members with operational due diligence requests and meetings. Experience Candidates must be motivated self-starters who enjoy working in a collegiate environment Candidates will have significant compliance experience within a buy-side organisation Candidates must be happy to engage with hybrid working arrangements The successful candidate may be considered for the SM16/17 designation in the medium-term