Description About this role APAC Thresholds
We are searching for a highly motivated individual to join the Thresholds team within BlackRock's broader Legal & Compliance function. The Thresholds team is responsible for managing legal, regulatory, compliance and public policy challenges that derive from the size of BlackRock's investments. You will have a unique opportunity to work across functions to help answer some of the most interesting and complex questions that are critical to BlackRock's future. This position will be located in [•], India. Key Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day advice to investment teams regarding the impact of ownership limits and other regulations on portfolio management and negotiated transactions;
- Partner with, and provide legal guidance to, the operations teams responsible for making major shareholder disclosures in APAC jurisdictions;
- Identify, analyze and respond to regulatory and legislative changes and emerging academic theories impacting foreign investment rules, position disclosures, competition policy, proxy voting and investment stewardship activities;
- Research and provide advice to APAC threshold leads on whether individual issuers, securities and financial instruments are subject to ownership limits and foreign investment rules.
- Engage with issuers and regulators to discuss investment constraints and secure approvals and/or relief from ownership limits;
- Coordinate APAC wide projects and work closely with various APAC threshold country leads within the APAC legal team;
- Manage and supervise the work of outside counsel; and
- Manage routine matters such as responding to regulatory and issuer inquiries, advising on policies and procedures and providing training sessions to colleagues.
- A [law degree] from a nationally recognized law school;
- At least five years of regulatory or transactional experience practicing at a major law firm and/or in the legal and compliance department of an asset manager, investment bank, hedge fund or other financial services company;
- An understanding of the securities laws and regulations affecting asset managers in major APAC jurisdictions, and a desire to develop expertise in new or unfamiliar areas of law;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including a proven ability to explain complex legal concepts in a clear, simple and commercial manner;
- Demonstrated initiative and accountability, and the ability to work both independently and a member of a team in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to bring a commercial and solution-orientated approach to your work; and
- The ability to prioritize numerous demands and simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive matters in a highly organized manner.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.