Description About this role About the Team:
BlackRock's Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions (MASS) group includes tactical asset allocation, income funds, target date, target risk, and impact investing products. Our team of over 300 multi-asset investment professionals manages a range of pooled vehicles, model portfolios, and customized mandates for a diversified client base. Currently, MASS has over $900 billion in assets under management and has a strong presence in San Francisco, New York, Princeton, London and throughout Asia Pacific.
The Models Infrastructure team is expanding to support BAU and maintenance activities in EMEA and APAC as our models continue to grow. This new hire will need to work across Sales and Service, MASS, Technology and Operations to meet their objectives. Responsibilities:
- Ensure seamless onboarding, rebalance and reporting processes.
- Become a subject matter expert in models which would include understanding the investment strategies and service offerings.
- Provide central coordination and investment support for model portfolio onboarding activities including the onboarding of model portfolios in partnership with key stakeholders:
- Partner with investment teams on model onboardings to ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate across team to deliver models via Models Reporting Technology (Aladdin Client Reporting and Web, where available)
- Help with management and communication of the BlackRock models pipeline
- Partner with Sales and Service teams to monitor new placements and ensure that the placement conforms to best practice for the BlackRock models operating platform
- Provide oversight and day-to-day infrastructure support for the Models business by assisting with the facilitation of governance including the management of reporting templates and model menus
- Serve as MASS representative for teams supporting AUM, subscribers, reporting and servicing ensuring regional processes adhere to global standards
- Partner within Infrastructure to design and implement new process and procedures across the investment operating platform
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of communications and the maintenance of investment operating process and procedure documentation
- 40% Project Management and Business Analysis to support key projects and initiatives
- 5-7 years of asset management or financial services experience, preferably across multiple asset classes and investment disciplines.
- Solid understanding of financial markets and investments (i.e. understanding of Fixed Income, Equities, Alternatives)
- Strong organizational and program management skills with ability to manage multiple stakeholders and workstreams
- Inclination for process design with the ability to manage various projects simultaneously.
- Remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills in writing, speech and presentation; capable of connecting with multiple audiences and capable of articulating lines of reasoning
- Experience of working both independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative, global environment
- Knowledge of eVestment, Morningstar, Bloomberg, Tableau, VBA, SQL, and/or Python is an advantage
- Strong interest to learn about and use Aladdin; a familiarity with Aladdin a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.