Description About this role About this role
Data & Analytics Solutions within the Data & AI pillar of Technology & Operations manages the continuous development and transformation of Aladdin's enterprise analytics data assets and technical platform, and is responsible for the onboarding and ongoing data analytics solutions for Blackrock businesses and Aladdin clients. Role Description:
The Client Enablement team (CE) within Data & Analytics Solutions brings together solution experts specializing from vendor and client data input to portfolio and benchmark analytics to provide end-to-end solutions for BlackRock and Aladdin clients.
CE is a growing function that consists of skilled business analysts and implementation specialists to lead a wide range of assignments to support the rapidly growing pipeline. Responsibilities:
- Participate in implementation projects and lead in onboarding of data onto Aladdin, spanning across benchmarks, securities data and client holdings/portfolios data.
- Use standard interfaces and configuration of data elements to facilitate onboarding of client data from clients directly and/or third-party data providers.
- Lead the end-to-end process of requirements collection, data acquisition, data mapping and normalization, process testing and automation, and quality control.
- Ensure security level data for public securities are comprehensive through vendor coverage analysis, and private/OTC are modelled accurately
- Analyze index methodologies, collaborate with vendors and build custom solutions for the business.
- Own configuration requirements on our Data & Analytics Platform - includes plotting key milestones, handling action items, coordinating with stakeholder departments, etc.
- Design and promote Analytic & Reporting solutions that are customizable to meet clients' needs but are also deployed in Aladdin in an automated, scalable manner
- Set up the data and analytics processes for smooth production delivery of data products for our clients
- Lead and develop relationships with external data providers including, but not limited to custodians, investment managers, index vendors, and other institutional data providers
- Establish positive relationships with BlackRock Solutions Relationship Managers, BlackRock Solutions business development sales team members, and other client facing team representatives. Facing off to clients is also crucial in relation to training, relationship management, and serving as a representative of data expertise within BlackRock
- Initiate and drive platform improvements to support new business needs, minimize risk, improve quality and scale
- Apply good project management skills to all product responsibilities: set agenda, drive tone, provide direction to individual team members, oversee execution, and communicate out to stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree is required, with preference to business fields such as Finance, Accounting, or Economics, or technical degrees such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- A "Student of the Markets" mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- Relentless desire for understanding how processes work. Creativity in solving unconventional problems, entrepreneurial drive to learn new skills and technologies.
- Strong critical thinking and demonstrable experience using technology to solve problems at scale
- Track record of successfully handling and completing large and complex projects
- An outstanding teammate able to work in an innovative, ambitious, and fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with an ability to connect across different functions and levels to convey complex concepts simply and clearly.
- Basic knowledge of SQL preferred. Knowledge of UNIX, PERL, Java and Python is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in fixed income, equity and derivative instruments
- 9 + years of shown experience in financial services and/or analytical role in a technology or financial services setting
- BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.